Alligator

Paul's POV:

I walked up to Mike, taking a few un obvious look backs at Claire as i got closer and closer to him or who ever he was "eh uh mate, you don't happen to have a lighter or something do ya?" he nodded " and took one out of his pocket since he seemed to have a few and passed it to me "thanks" i lit my cigarette and passed it back "thanks again" i shouted on my way back, he seemed like a nice guy.. guessing he's from Texas since his accent was very strong, maybe that's why Claire like's him because of his accent ? Might be why she likes us so much?

Claire's POV:

I was still looking away as Paul came back over since i didn't want Mike to recognize me from a distance "was it him them?" he nodded "who's he with?" he lent back on the railings.

"A local, Valleri i think her name is, she works down the fairground, well at least she did" i lent back next to him and looked over at the two,

"What'd you mean by she did, what happened?" he looked at me then quickly moved his eyes away.

"Well from what i heard, she slept with all the guys and was ya'know charging for quickies at a booth down there when the boss was away, but obviously he found out and fired her, but it's only rumours Claire" i shook my head and felt disgusted.

"Wait" i stood back up straight "that means might ave slept with Mike.. ugh".

"It's only rumours" ...

"Oh yeh Rich told me to tell you that Zeta invited you to her hen party, not that you'll wanna go i bet but i thought i'd tell ya" i grinned.

"Thanks, i'd rather go with you boys then go with her but that might annoy Ringo or the others so i'll just stay indoors with Jane" i cuddled up to him since i was getting cold and had of course forgot a jacket.

"Uh Jane's not gonna be in, she'll be out with Zeta, she invited her too but hey, you'll have.. you'll have uh" i moved away from him and sat on the bench.

"I'll have Davy right?" I said lighting up a little untill he shook his head "him, Mike and everyone else was invited to the stag night Rich said he didn't want to leave any of your friends out" i oh'd and looked down at my lap.

Paul sat next to and put his arm around me "how about i stay with you, we can have our own little party, go for a drive, have a few drinks, come back to mine and then the next day leave for the wedding?" i smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Sure you wont miss going with the others, getting drunk, having a quickie round the back?" he shrugged and cuddled me.

"I don't care, i'd rather you have someone than be alone for Ringo's last night of single hood" i hugged him tightly and he picked me up, just for a second to me on the rails so i was the same height as him, he walked forward which pushed apart my legs and stood in between them as put his arms around my waist and held me tight as not for me to fall back.

"Why?" I asked.

"Why what?" he stepped even closer and his face was like just a few cm away.

"Why'd you put me here?" he smiled.

"I dunno, just wanted to see if you trusted me as i could let you fall at any moment" i had just realized that when he said that.

"ok.. uh.." i looked over the edge and saw the thrusting waves smash into the support beams that made me feel a little worried to be sitting on the edge "um can you uh put down, i feel real un easy on here".

He smiled "can i kiss you?" i shrugged.

"if you want" he began to move in slowly but backed off soon after.

"I can't, your not in love with me, your in love with Ringo, I can't kiss you, you won't feel anything from it, sorry" he put me down and looked a little disheartened, I hugged him tightly and stroked his back.

"And?" i quickly kissed him, giving him a tug on his hair "come on, lets go down the Cavern, get a drink aye?" he grinned and so we proceeded to walk down to the Cavern.

A lot of people, more than usual, were down nearish to the Cavern and it made me think something had happened down there, Paul put his blazer around me again and held onto me tight as we approached the crowd, he became seriously protective and we entered, people were everywhere, pushing and shoving to get somewhere or what ever, a random guy pulled my arm and out of Paul's hold, Paul of course didn't take it lightly and pulled me away before hitting the guy "quick go" he shouted and so i ran through the crowd, he was following closely behind and caught up with me rather quickly.

A few moments later we were through and into the Cavern "go sit down, i'll get you a drink" Paul said, I sat near the front, there was a band playing, not seen um here before, they were alright to be honest but nothing like the boys, Paul kept a very close eye on me to make sure I was ok, he brought over the drinks and sat closely to me, it was quite empty again, Jim looked stressed.

"Uh I'll be right back" I said before rushing over to catch a glass that had just slipped off as I got close "you need some help Jim?" he smiled slightly.

"Please.. if that wont be to much bother, sorry all the other girls have gone home since i said they could have the rest of the day off and the guys don't start till 8, sorry Claire" i smiled and got straight to work "thanks Claire, i deeply appreciate this, i'll pay you extra too" he looked at me and smiled then got back to serving the now larger crowd of people who were at the bar.