The Exchange student

A little bit of background: The school has started doing an exchange program inbetween the houses. The main character, Cynthia Black, is a Slytherin who is dating Draco Malfoy, who got transfered into Gryffindor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All I hear is murmurs and quiet whispers as I walk along the Great Hall table. I sit on the end, right across from Draco so that we can turn around and talk to each other. Personally I think it's ridiculous that we have to even eat with our new houses.

I sit on the end and immediantly turn around to face Draco. He does the same and I smile at him. We have a short conversation before he turns around to eat. I sigh and reluctantly turn around. It's horrible not being able to talk to him whenever I want now. I'm so glad that this exchange thing only lasts two more weeks.

"Hi.. Would you mind if I sat here?" A frizzy brown haired girl asks me. She gestures to the spot next to me and i scoot over so she'd have more room.

"Hi Hermione.... Why are you all of a sudden being nice and not talking about me?" I say in a slightly sassy tone. I can't help it. Ever since I got transfered into Gryffindor for this past week all she's done is talk about me from what I've noticed.

"Oh well um. I thought about hard it must be to be transfered into the house that you are naturally riveled against and thought you could use a friend. Besides, it's wrong how I was treating you.. I'm sorry Cynthia." She says looking down at her plate of food.

I smile at her and tell her it's ok. I apologize if I've ever been rude, even though I usually try not to be. I also apologize for how rude Draco has always been to her. "He's rather nice once you get to know him, but he has his problems just like the rest of us do."

She nods and we make small talk about classes and grades that we have. She has better grades than I do but not by much. I've always been pretty smart in school, even in muggle school.

"Well it's time to go back to the common room. Want me to walk up there with you?" Hermione asks politely.

"Oh um.. You don't have to but I'd love that." We smile at each other and meet up with Ronald and Pot- Harry. It's going to take some getting used to to be able to use their first names, not their last names like Draco always does. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

By the end of the night I have found out that all three of them are really nice people and they all care about each other. I get the feeling that Ron and Hermione might have feelings for each other but i'm not sure. Hermione apologizes for punching Draco in the third year and I just laugh. "It's okay. He deserved it after what he's done to you guys these past few years."

"Alright well i'm gonna head to bed you guys, have fun staying up." I laugh and head to my room that I share with Hermione. I change quickly and the plop on my bed with a loud sigh. I smile to myself and think about how in one day I have made three friends, all from Gryffindor and I almost can't believe it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

576 words in total. Soooooo how was it? I thought it was pretty good :) Comment your thoughts on it and yeahhh! Bye! Have a good day you guys...