Ch.20: Sasori&Deidara and Itachi&Kisame

Chapter 20: Sasori&Deidara and Itachi&Kisame

Naomi’s POV

I sighed almost dreamily as the fresh, ice cold water traveled down my throat. Panting hard, I swiped my forehead with the back of my hand. I looked over at Sasuke seeing him at the same state as me.

He casually walked over, stole my bottle, and drank from it. I pouted. “Hey! That’s my water!” I complained as I saw him drink the rest of it.

He smirked and tossed the bottle to the side. I took a kunai from my back and swiftly aimed it at him. His smirk widened as he blocked it off with a shuriken.

“Hn. Try again.” He taunted. I narrowed my eyes at him. Conjuring up some hand signs, I blew out a huge fireball. “Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!”

He jumped back and swiftly created another fireball to counter attack mine. Dodging it, he made more signs and held out his palms in front of him. The sound of a thousand birds chirping filled the part of the forest we were training in. He flashed behind me and tried to attack with the Chidori.

I quickly ducked and back flipped away from him. Concentrating my chakra into my right palm, I condensed it to a sphere. “Rasengan!” I exclaimed and went on ahead to attack him.

Before both of our jutsus could come into contact, the cry of a hawk pulled us out of our fight. We looked above to see a brown hawk flying in circles above us. We both groaned in frustration. “Kakashi… what the hell does he want?” I muttered. I let go of the jutsu and patted the imaginary dust on my shorts away.

“We better get going…” I said as I picked up a kunai on the ground and placed it back into my pouch. Sasuke grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

“Wait, before we go… I want to give you something.” He spoke. Turning around, I curiously looked at him. He took my left hand and gently slid something onto my ring finger. I gave a silent gasp as I looked at the beautiful ring that glistened under the sun. It was a simple, but delicate silver ring with the Sharingan tomes engraved onto it.

“S-Sasuke… this is beautiful.” I breathed as I stared at him in shock. His lips twitched up a bit, and he nodded.

“This ring… was my mother’s… before the massacre.” he calmly spoke with a soft smile on his face. I felt my heart flutter a little bit as I noticed the happiness behind his eyes as he spoke about the ring.

“Okaa-san told me that when I find someone that I could give my heart and life to completely, I should give it to her. Father used to always pay attention to him for training, and neglected me. She used to always make up for it by spending exceptional time with me.” he clenched his fists when he mentioned his older brother. Tilting his head to the sky, his closed his eyes before speaking again.

“T-this is the only piece I have left of her. Its sentimental value has always been with me…” before he even finished, I embraced him into a tight hug. I didn’t want him to go through the pain for speaking about his past.

I pulled out of the hug and smiled at him. “Thank you for entrusting me with your mother’s legacy. You know I’ll cherish it forever.” I softly spoke, gazing at the ring as it sparkled. He merely pecked my forehead, and we both walked to wherever the hell Kakashi was calling us, with our hands together.

***

Kakashi stood outside of a dango shop casually leaning against the wall, reading his copy of Icha Icha. He flipped through the pages until he heard the sound of two footsteps. He glanced up to see Kurenai and Asuma walking together towards his direction.