Ch.16: Torture Force, Tsukuyomi,& the Forest of Death

Chapter 16: Torture Force, Tsukuyomi, & the Forest of Death

As I woke up the next day, I was in a great mood! But I still couldn’t get this nagging feeling off my chest. Shrugging it off, I quickly took a shower and ate my breakfast afterwards. I resupplied my weapons and went out the door.

A short while later I arrived, once again, at the Konoha Torture and Interrogation Force. I would be working here as an apprentice, if you may call it, and learning all sorts of new methods that will be useful in the future. Stepping inside the building, I walked to the information desk, where some unknown guy sat shuffling through papers.

“Excuse me, could you tell me where Ibiki-san is?” I asked. The guy looked up at me with a flustered expression.

“O-oh, u-um he’s at the top floor of this building…” he quietly muttered. I mentally raised my eyebrows. He seemed like a quiet and shy person. How could he work at a department like this?

Nodding my heads in thanks, I followed his instructions of where to go. Coming to the very top floor, were the offices of the main people of this department. But the guy at the front desk had told me that Ibiki was waiting for me at a small conference room.

Knocking on the door, I heard a loud “Come in.” Stepping inside, I gently bowed, smiling and nodding at Ibiki and Inoichi.

“Ah, you’re here. Well let’s start by taking you to our main interrogation room. We’ve held someone specific captive there for about a month or two. You might know him very well.” Inoichi said.

“That bastard won’t open his mouth. Scum like him becoming traitors to the leaf.” Ibiki muttered with an angered tone. I raised my eyebrow. Who exactly is this guy?

Walking downstairs into a dark hallway, we came to a single door and opened it. Inside were about two or three people sitting on chairs with simple computers and stacks of papers. They turned to see us and bowed to Ibiki and Inoichi and nodded to me.

Coming out from behind Ibiki, I noticed who was on the other side. A small smirk came onto my face. “Well well, look who we have here…” I spoke as I walked towards the glass window that separated us and the captured person.

“Kind of surprised to see you here…. Mizuki-sensei…” I smirked. His eyes penetrated mine with a harsh glare. Amusement clearly flashed across my face as I took in the state he was in. His silver-ish gray hair was as if he had woken out of bed. His shirt and pants tattered and his face covered with bruises and dry patches of blood. Bloody hell, Ibiki did quite a number on him.

“I would say nice to meet you too, Naomi. But I wouldn’t want to lie…” he remarked. I chuckled, once again with amusement.

“That’s fine. I wouldn’t want to meet me either especially if I knew what I will be doing to you.” I trailed off with an evil grin.

“As you can see, we captured him on the day where he provoked the Nine-tails jinchuriki into stealing a forbidden scroll. Blurting out the villages secret was against the law once again. He’s clearly working for someone, but these past months we’ve got nothing out of him.” Ibiki informed me while glaring daggers at Mizuki.

 “Hmm, oh yes. I do remember that day,” I reminisced “Heh. This will be fun. Just give me time; I’ll be back with info.” I said as I tightened my genin headband on my waist.

“Very well.” Ibiki and Inoichi left me inside the glass room all alone with Mizuki. I looked back at him with a raised eyebrow. I pulled out the chair that was directly in front of him and gingerly sat down with my arms resting on the table.