Ch.4: Genin Exam

Naomi's POV

I woke up bright and early around 5 am. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and fix my hair. I decided to take a shower after I come back from training this morning.

I went to the kitchen to grab a water bottle, grabbed my weapons pouch, and headed out the door. I started jogging a bit on the streets. It wasn't that bright out yet, a bit, but the sun was just starting to rise.

The streets were pretty empty since it was pretty early in the morning. No shops or stalls were open. I came towards the edge of the village and marked it as my starting point. 

I then began my laps around Konoha. I sprinted as the wind flowed through my hair. After about 5 laps, I decided to head to the training grounds.

As I was walking, I heard some sounds of kunai's and shurikens. As curious as I was, I decided to follow that sound. I peeked around a tree to see a boy with long brown hair tied towards the end, a headband covering his forehead, and he wore dark brown shorts and a beige colored top. What distinctively stood out were the veins around his eyes.

Ahh. So he's part of the Hyuga Clan... interesting. 

"You can come out now. There's no use in hiding." his voice spoke towards where I was standing. I walked out from behind the tree and went towards him. 

"Who are you and what are you doing out here?" he questioned with a raised kunai. I raised an eyebrow and put my hands up in the 'surrender' mode. 

"Relax, I was just doing laps around the village and thought that I should train at the grounds. Then I heard some noise which led me to being here. You look like you're also training, need a sparring partner?" 

He scoffed. "I don't need a partner from someone who's not even a genin yet. You're abilities won't match up to my standards." I narrowed my eyes at him. I hated being underestimated. 

"In other words... you're scared?" I innocently asked as I twirled a kunai in my hand. He glared at me with clenched fists. 

"Fine. One fight. I will show you not to bother me again." I nodded at his response and took a couple steps back. I took out a couple of kunai and shuriken and held it between my fingers.

Veins started appearing around the boy's eyes and he got into a stance. I was glad that I fairly knew how the Byakugan worked since Jii-san taught me about all three famous Dojutsu's: Sharingan, Byakugan, and the Rinnegan. 

I decided to go first. I aimed my in hand weapons at him. He obviously dodged. I quickly appeared behind him with my speed and aimed a punch. He blocked and out taijutsu battle began. 

As I tried to kick him, he grabbed my foot and spun me. I used his shoulders as a momentum to roundhouse kick him back. I actually hit him in the stomach as he grunted a bit. 

He held out his palms as we both ran towards each other. I made quick hand signs. "Fire Style: Fire Ball Jutsu!" I yelled and brought two fingers to my mouth. I inhaled a large amount of air and steadily blew it through my fingers, successfully creating a large fireball that was rolling towards him.

He jumped out of the way and appeared right behind me. "Gentle Fist!" he yelled and hit me on my back and arms blocking off my chakra points.

I grunted in pain as I felt my chakra recede. I put my hands together and in jutsu formation and I slowly opened my eyes. I now had my Sharingan activated. BUT, it could not be seen due to the powerful genjutsu that I have to maintain all of the time. 

Everything became more clear and refined. It was if time had slowed down and showed me my opponents movements like a video in slow motion. 

I haven't used it in a while. I'm glad I am now. I needed some training with it. I was now able to see what the boy will be doing.