Ch.2: Konoha, Meeting Naruto, and Settling in

Naomi POV

We had finally reached the big red gates. The village looked absolutely huge, even from where we were standing. I smiled as the sun shone over the peaceful area.

I ran off leaving jii-san behind chuckling. Sprinting towards the gates, the guards stopped me.

"Stop right there!" the one with the bandage across his nose called. I turned to face him with a curious look on my face. "What is your business here in Konoha?"

"I'm here from the Hokage's request." I replied. They looked at each other and laughed. 

"Why would the Hokage call for you? Hahaha stop joking, brat! Hear, that Izumo? Haha" the guy with the bandage over his nose exclaimed. 

"Pffft, I heard you loud and clear, Kotetsu." the guard with the bandanna, who I learned to be Izumo, chuckled with Kotetsu.

I rolled my eyes. "You really think I'm joking about this? Just wait till you get it from my Jii-san..." I threatened. 

"Who does your jii-san think he is? The Mizukage? A sannin? Ha! Like he will have that power." he asked. I smirked in amusement. They have no idea...

A shadowed figure stood behind the two guards over towering them. "What do you boys think you're doing picking on her??" the voice demanded.

Izumo looked behind and his eyes widened. "Jiraiya-sama! What are you doing here? It's an honor!" 

"Yes! Yes it is! And we were just teaching this brat a lesson! Do not worry I will get rid of her." Kotetsu said. 

My eyes lightened up. "JII-SAN!" I ran over and jumped on his back. "How long does it freaking take to walk all the way to the gate!" I yelled.

"J-j-Jii-san??!!" the two guards yelled. I looked over towards them and narrowed my eyes. "Yup. This is my jii-san. What were you saying earlier about him?? Huh?" 

They were sweating a bit and chuckling nervously.

"What did they say?" Jii-san asked curiously. I grinned and motioned Izumo to tell him. He grew a bit scared and hastily shook his head.

"What? Why aren't you talking anymore, huh? Cat got your tongue?" I teased. They both blushed as I asked. 

"S-sorry about that... We apologize." they muttered. I giggled and waved it off. It was quite amusing to see them being cocky. "It's alright, let's get along, neh?" I asked as I went closer towards them.

Both blushed again. Gosh, she's so beautiful! 

I smiled at their pink faces and waved them good bye. Jii-san and I were now walking towards the tall, big red building that was coming in the distance. 

I looked around the streets as we walked, my eyes soaking in the atmosphere. I was acting like a kid who got a bunch of presents. I didn't notice Jii-san smiling at me as I looked around.

The streets were very lively. Fish markets, fruit stalls, merchants bargaining food items, fresh smell of dangos rising in the air. I swear my mouth watered after that last statement. 

I was feeling pretty hungry. I decided to eat after after our visit to the Hokage. We were now walking up the stairs towards the main door. 

Jii-san knocked twice. "Come in." I heard a gruff noise speak out. Jii-san stepped in with me following behind, hiding. I was a pretty normal height, not too short or tall for my age. 

"Ahh Jiraiya, it is good to see you again after a long time." the old man, who I assumed to be the Hokage, spoke with a smile on his face. 

"Indeed sensei. It feels good to be back." Jii-san replied. I wasn't surprised that Jii-san called the Hokage 'sensei.' I already knew about all of his past. 

"Come forward child." the Hokage spoke. I think he was speaking to me since no other child was there. I slowly stepped out from behind and stood in front of Jii-san. 

He was definitely old, but I could still see that he held power. Lot's of it. He had short white hair and a small beard on his chin. Some wrinkles here and there. He wore a red and white hokage outfit with his red hat on his head. His expression was gentle, filled with happiness, and over all with care.

I smiled at him. Sure this was my first time meeting him, but I've heard lots about him. I knew he knew a lot about me too since Jii-san relayed everything back. 

He lightly chuckled and stood up. He calmly walked over towards me and knelt down. Next thing I knew I was wrapped tightly in a hug. My eyes widened as I felt his arms around me. I stood frozen for a few seconds before slowly wrapping my arms back. 

I closed my eyes and warmth filled inside of me. I mentally sighed in peace. The hug definitely felt good. I usually hugged Tsunade baa-san and Jii-san mostly. But being in the Hokage's arm felt good. 

We eventually pulled away, while he patted my head. "It's nice to finally meet you Naomi. I've heard to much, and you seem exactly as how Jiraiya has described." 

I nodded at him with a grin. "But I would like to see you in your true self, if that's alright?" He gently asked. I blinked and hesitated a bit. I looked over at Jii-san and he nodded at me with slight encouragement. 

I put my hands together in a jutsu formation. "Release!" I exclaimed. Slowly my appearance started changing. Instead of blue ringlets, my dark raven black hair flowed down my back and my turquoise gem like eyes turned into deep onyx. My naturally pink lips and cheeks stayed the same. 

The hokage's eyes widened as he looked at me. "My my... you truly do look like an Uchiha. A beautiful one at that." he complimented. I blushed a bit.

He chuckled at my reaction. "You really do look like your mother and father. You've got your mothers nose and lips, while your eyes and face structure resemble a bit like your father. A true beauty. How long has it been since you've released the genjutsu?" 

I pursed my lips. "Umm it has been too long to remember, Hokage-sama." He shook his head.

"No need to be formal with me, my dear. You may just call me grandpa." he said. I nodded my head with a grin.

"Alright... hii ojiisan!" He blinked at my name for him and laughed. I also heard jii-san laughing beside me. 

"Great grandpa, huh? I like it." he said. "Anyways, I was wondering if you would like to attend the academy?"

My eyes narrowed in confusion. "The academy?" I repeated slowly. Hii ojiisan nodded. I quickly glared at Jii-san through the corner of my eyes. I saw him quickly put his hands up in a defense mode. 

"I do realize that your skills exceed way beyond. Around a jounin or even more. But I believe that it's good for you to meet children your own age since you have been travelling with Jiraiya for all of your life." he recommended.

I sighed, but thought about it for a bit. Why not? It could be pretty interesting. Who knows what I may find... 

"Alright, that's fine with me. When do I start?" I ask. He nodded with a slight grin. 

"Good. You can start tomorrow. I will place you in the graduating class. As for your living arrangements, I have found you a nice condo that looks over Konoha. Is that alright?" 

My eyes widened and I snapped my head towards Jii-san. "You're leaving??" I exclaimed. He sighed and knelt down to my height. He placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I must go, Naomi. You know that many things have to be done, and I cannot just simply leave my research hanging." he spoke with a perverted smile. I raised an eyebrow at the "research" part and shook my head.

"I knew I shouldn't have helped you make those books..." I muttered. I sighed again. "Okay fine. But you have to promise that you will visit?" I asked with hope.

He grinned. "Definitely." I nodded back and looked at hii ojiisan. 

"Now since that is out of the way, Naomi, I'm positive Jiraiya already told you, but I would like to say it again. You must be very careful to not reveal your real identity to anyone. Instead of Uchiha, you're currently Suzuki."

I nodded in a way that said 'yes, ugh i know i know.' He nodded back. "Good, now here are your keys to your condo. Why don't you have a look around the village and buy things for you. Here I have put money in this bag. Why don't you go on, while I have a chat with Jiraiya." He handed me everything. 

I took them and held on to it. I waved 'goodbye' to both of them and ran out the door. I was now walking in the streets looking at the scenery when my stomach started rumbling. 

I patted my stomach. "I know I know, I'm hungry too." I pretended to talk to it. I looked around to find any places to eat until my eyes landed on a small place towards the end.

I walked and opened the flap of curtain. The delicious scent of ramen wafted through the air. My mouth starting watering immensely. I looked around the seats. It was pretty empty except a boy around my age wearing a bright orange ninja outfit was eating his bowl. My eyes widened at the number of bowls he had eaten. 

I smirked. If someone could eat that much ramen, they were definitely my type of friends. I sat down next to him. 

"What would you like? Pretty lady?" the ramen man, Teuchi, said. His name was written on his shirt, if you're wondering how I know. I looked over the choices and ordered my favorite one. 

"I'll have a large miso ramen please." He nodded and turned around to make my order. I sat back a bit and turned to the boy. He had bright blonde hair and the most ocean blue eyes I had ever seen. It was quite a sight. 

"So... how's the ramen here?" I casually asked him. He snapped his head towards me with noodles sticking out of his mouth. I giggled a bit at his face. His eyes widened and he just stared at me. 

I tilted my head in confusion. He didn't say anything, just stared. I snapped my fingers in front of his face. He blinked a bit and blushed in embarrassment. I giggled again. He was too cute.

"So what's your name?" I asked. 

"The name's Naruto Uzumaki! Believe it!" he yelled. I flinched a bit at his loud voice. Naruto Uzumaki...? No way! He's the jinchuriki!  

"Well it's nice to meet you, Naruto. My name's Naomi. Naomi U-- *cough* S-Suzuki. Naomi Suzuki." I stuttered at the end. He didn't notice my mistake. 

"Are you in the academy, Naruto?" I asked. He nodded with a grin. 

"Believe it! I'm going to be a great ninja and become Hokage!!" he exclaimed. My eyes softened at his speech. I could see the genuine dream within his eyes.

"Why do you want to become the Hokage, Naruto?" I softly asked. His bright face became a frown. I could see the lingering sadness and anger within his eyes.

"I want to become Hokage so the villagers would start acknowledging me. T-they treat me really bad.... I don't even know why!!" he exclaimed. I see... so he hasn't been informed that he's a jinchuriki....

"I believe that you can become Hokage, Naruto." His head snapped towards me with wide eyes. 

"R-really??" he exclaimed. I nodded enthusiastically. 

"Of course!! But!..." I paused. His expression fell. I mentally smiled. "But... you have to become my friend." Once again his eyes widened. He's been doing that a lot...

I pretended to be sad. "If you don't want to... that's fine..." He rapidly shook his head.

"NO NO! I do want to! I'll become your friend!!" he exclaimed. I laughed and held out my pinky. He raised an eyebrow at my pinky... I rolled my eyes.

"You shake it, Naruto. That means your my friend." 

"Ohhh.." He wrapped his pinky around mine and grinned. 

"Good! Now were officially best friends!" We both nodded. My bowl of steaming hot ramen finally came. I inhaled and broke my chopsticks. 

"Mhmmm. Itadakimasu!" I picked up the noodles and slurped them. The punch of flavor from the noodles, the broth, the chili and all of the spices melted on my tongue. 

"Mhmmm, this is the best ramen ever!" I exclaimed. "I've never had this type of flavorful ramen across the ninja lands!"

Teuchi chuckled and beamed with pride. Naruto nodded and agreed with me. "One more bowl, old man!" 

I lifted the bowl and literally inhaled all of it, finishing the ramen in a record of 2 minutes. "Next bowl, Teuchi-san!" His eyes widened along with Naruto. 

"Woah! That was fast!" 

I nodded. "Trust me Naruto, ramen is my favorite food of everything, apart from dangos, and I can eat more than 15 bowls in one sitting!" 

His eyes sparkled. "Finally I met someone like me! Ichiraku's is the best! Believe it!" 

What Naruto and I didn't realize was that the Hokage and Jiraiya were watching us through the crystal ball with laughter across their faces. 

**Time Skip**

I set my 20th bowl down with a satisfied grin. "That felt great! I will definitely be one of your regulars!" 

Both Naruto and I paid for our ramen and walked outside on the road. I knew I had to go and shop for some clothes and furniture. 

"Hey Naruto, would you like to help me shop around a bit so I can settle down at my new condo?" I asked. He nodded.

"Sure Naomi-chan!" 

"Come on then! Let's go!" I exclaimed. I grabbed his hand and ran to the best clothes shop there was. We entered through the door and went straight to the girls section. It was a pretty small store but the clothes were great!

I picked out a couple of long and short sleeved t shirts, a couple tank tops, some shorts and tight skits (for combat), some pairs of combat boots, and just other things. 

I paid for them and we both went to the furniture store. Naruto went to the other side to look for sofas while I looked at the beds. I picked out a simple, fluffy bed for my room and another bed for the guest room, while Naruto picked out a sofa and a table. 

I paid for it once again but I won't be able to carry all of this myself. I suddenly got an idea.

"Naruto, stand back a bit." he followed. I took out the large scroll I carried on my back and rolled it out all of the way. I made a couple of hand signs and POOF! All of the furniture got stored into the scroll. 

"Woah, that was so cool!! Could you teach me?" Naruto asked. My eyes became confused until I realized. Oh that's right, he's still genin level. 

"Sure Naruto! I'll teach you a lot of stuff!" I replied back. 

"YES!!" he yelled and tackled me into a hug. 

"W-woah, careful Naruto!" I said.

"Now I can finally beat Sasuke!" he said. I raised an eyebrow and chuckled.

"Who's Sasuke, Naruto?" 

"Oh.... ugh. His name is Sasuke and he's the best ninja in our class. All of the girls are after him! Hmph! He's such a teme! Ughh I just wanna...."

Wow. He sure hates this Sasuke guy. "And Sakura likes him too! Why why why." he whined. Sakura? I'm guessing it's a girl he likes... I shook my head in amusement. So much funny drama. I will definitely be enjoying this. 

"Alright Naruto, let's go to my place!" We both left the door and I followed the address the Hokage wrote out for me. We finally arrived at a large complex and went up the stairs. 

I took out the keys and opened the door that said '504.' We both stepped inside and looked around. It was fairly large. Once you enter you have your living room on the right and the kitchen on the left. Both were big sizes. Then at the other end of the room was the dining area and the glass door that opened to the small patio.

"Woah, your condo is so big!!" Naruto said as he gawked around. 

I chuckled. "You're welcome here anytime, Naruto. Consider this your home also." He nodded with a grin. 

Down the long hallway were 3 doors. I opened one to see a laundry area. I opened the second door to see the guest bedroom. It was a normal size. The bathroom was inside another door within the room, including a closet door. 

I opened the final door to see a large master bedroom with a small balcony, a bathroom door, and a walk in closet. I sighed in relief knowing that I had lots of space. 

I went back into the living room and rolled out my scroll. I poofed all of the furniture out. Naruto and I started moving everything around.

** Time Skip to around 6 pm**

Naruto and I collapsed on the sofa panting. Moving into a new home took a lot of work. I could have easily done with shadow clones, but I decided not to. 

The room suddenly filled with sound of Naruto's stomach. He blushed in embarrassment. I laughed. 

"Come on Naruto, how about we go buy some groceries and we make a great homemade meal. Does that sound good?" I asked. He nodded and we both left.

We came towards the market and I instantly went to the fresh fruits and vegetable section. I frowned a bit. I knew Naruto doesn't get to eat a proper meal and survives on ramen cups and other things. 

But now since I was here, I was going to change that. I was quite a cook believe it or not. I learned a lot of recipes travelling around the ninja lands since I loved food so much. 

I love eating food, seeing it, and I also love making it for people. I decided to make a tradition japanese cuisine with lots of varieties. I bought some vegetables such as carrots, celery, green onions, bell peppers, etc... I also grabbed some chicken, fish, beef, rice and noodles. 

I also bought some fruits just so I could eat it any time. For desert, I just bought some Dango from the dango shop since it was my favorite type. 

I made Naruto carry some bags while I carried the others, and we both went home. 

**Time Skip**

"Assa!" I raised my fist in victory. The food was finally finished after cleaning, cutting, yelling and smacking at Naruto for eating from the pot. I laid all of the dishes down. 

I made some onigiri (rice balls), curry with rice, tempura with a spicy dipping sauce, dry udon noodles with chicken and green onions, and yakiniku ( literally meaning 'grilled meats'). I made lots since I knew both Naruto and I ate like pigs. But also some extra so I can take it to the academy tomorrow for lunch.

"Waaah. I can't wait to eat this! Come on Naomi-can! Hurry!" Naruto exclaimed. 

"Alright alright, coming Naru-kun." I said. He grinned at my nickname for him. 

We both sat down. "Itadakimasu!" and dug in. The intense flavor burst through my mouth. After we finished our food and dangos, we sat down at my sofa with our feet up. 

It was finally time for Naruto to leave. "Alright Naruto, I'll see you at the academy tomorrow, neh?" I asked. He nodded and grinned.

"Sure thing Naomi-chan! Good night!" he waved and ran off. I chuckled and closed the door. 

I changed into my night clothes and finally headed to bed. Jii-san had left earlier today after greeting me goodbye. I know I'll miss him, but I knew he would come back. 

I'm also glad that I met Naruto. I think we're going to be great friends. No.. wait. Scratch that. We already are best friends. ^_^ 

I finally fell asleep as my eyes closed tiredly. I couldn't wait for the academy tomorrow. 

End of Chapter 2! This is only the beginning! There's lots more coming up! :)