Ch.17: The Preliminaries and the Chunin Festival

Chapter 17: The Preliminaries and the Chunin Festival

“Sasuke Uchiha vs Yoroi Akado. Please both of you come up.”

“Let the first match of the preliminaries begin!” Hayate announced. Sasuke grunted in pain as he held his pain filled shoulder; the curse mark was acting up again.

Before the proctor even said the last word, Yoroi got into his stance and immediately took off to attack Sasuke. Not wasting anytime, he covered his right hand with chakra and grabbed a fist full of Sasuke’s hair, pushing him down to the ground.

Sasuke groaned as his body crashed with Yoroi’s weight on top of him. He put his hands on top of Yoroi’s and struggled to loosen his grip. But he wasn’t able to, instead he felt as if all of his energy was being drained away from his system bit by bit.

“M-my chakra! What the hell are you d-doing?!” Sasuke exclaimed. “You’re stealing it from me!”

Yoroi merely laughed as if demons had possessed his body, not losing his grip on Sasuke’s head. “You finally caught on, huh?”

From above the railings, Orochimaru, now disguised, watched his pupil fight against the boy who was bitten to be his new vessel. That’s right, Sasuke. He’s draining all your chakra. He can drain all of your mental and physical energy just with the tips of his hands. You’ll have no other choice than to resort to the curse mark. He smirked as he licked his lips.

Sasuke’s fists clenched together as his chakra drained even further. Using the last bits of energy, he brought his feet together and kicked Yoroi in the stomach, pushing him off of him. “Get off me!” he grunted.

Sasuke finally sat up shakily as his feet wobbled. That was close! Yoroi grinned at him from the other side.

“Well well, it looks like you still have some strength left. But don’t worry, I’ll make this quick and easy.” He spoke as he formed chakra in his hands again. Pushing off his feet, he attacked once again.

Sasuke’s eyes narrowed as he closely dodged each of the attacks. Going under his arm that was attacking, he limply walked to the other side. Don’t have the speed to get away from him! I don’t have a chance of a close quarter’s fight. I need to think of something fast!

Gaara crossed his arms as he stared at Sasuke in interest. An Uchiha, huh? Is that all he’s got?

Naruto gritted his teeth, standing next to Lee. Come on, Sasuke! He couldn’t handle it anymore. “HEY SASUKE,” the knuckle head screamed across the arena “Come on man! What was that? YOU CALL YOURSELF AN UCHIHA?! You’re going to let this goon walk all over you? Come on, stop messing around and get in gear!” Naruto exclaimed with an annoyed expression.

Sasuke panted as he paused his fight. Turning his head, he lightly glared at Team 7. Exhaustion took over his body has his breaths came in deep gasps. His eyes flickered to Lee and widened. Wait… that’s it!

Yoroi once again filled his hands with his absorption chakra. “I’ll teach you not to turn your back on me!” he exclaimed, running towards Sasuke.

Attacking constantly, Sasuke avoided all of Yoroi’s attacks. Is this the farthest he goes? Most of the spectators thought as they frowned. Suddenly, Sasuke disappeared from vision. Lee gasped as he recognized the move.

Next thing that was seen was Sasuke jaw kicking Yoroi from underneath him. The impact of the kick caused Yoroi to fly up in the air momentarily, but that was enough time for Sasuke to slide underneath him while flying.