Ch.11: Battle with Zabuza

Naomi's POV

It was dinner time and we were all sitting around the table, casually eating bits of rice and fish from each plate. The door suddenly banged open, hitting the wall on the other side. We all snapped our heads to see Sasuke and Naruto panting from the training they had endured for the week. 

Leaning against each other, they finally spoke. "W-we both made it! We both climbed all the way to the top." Naruto boasted. My lips twitched up a bit into a smile. 

"Good," Kakashi started "Starting tomorrow, you're both bodyguards for Tazuna." Naruto laughed and cheered with his hands up, causing him to collapse onto the ground on top of Sasuke.

"You're such a loser!" Sasuke yelled at him. We all laughed at the scene. As we all headed into our rooms, I started packing up for tomorrow. I resupplied all of weapons and medicinal herbs which I got from Tsunami. 

I laid down on my bed with my hands behind my head. I frowned a bit. I have a bad feeling for tomorrow. Am I ready to fight Zabuza-sensei? It's been so long since I've met him, I don't really feel like it. I mean for god's sake he's my sensei, he's taught me many things. He's family.

I shrugged off the questions and just tried to relieve my mind of all the stress. "I"ll deal with it tomorrow..." I muttered, yawning. I closed my eyes and eventually fell asleep. 

**Time Skip**

Team 7 and Tazuna were walking to the bridge. The air chilled as soon as we stepped onto the bridge. A shiver went down my spine as I felt the deadly aura. 

The mist that was already there slowly disappeared as we went deeper into it. As soon as it cleared, everyone, except me, gasped. 

"H-hold on! What is this?!" Tazuna exclaimed as he stared at the many bodies lying on the ground, horrified. "What happened? Someone was here! Someone got to them!"

My eyes narrowed as I crouched down in front of an unknown man and felt his neck. "He's still alive. Hmm, all of them are. They're just unconscious due to the senbon needles that are pierced in their necks."

The mist became more dense and thick. I wasn't able to see the others as well as before. "Sharingan." I quietly muttered, only for my ears to be able to hear. Of course whenever my Sharingan is activated, no one can see it due to the genjutsu, not even other users. 

I let my blood eyes scan through the mist until it caught the outlines of two figures up ahead. My shoulders tensed. I would know those figures anywhere. 

"Naomi! Sasuke! Sakura! Get ready." Kakashi sternly ordered. I immediately flashed by them and stood by Tazuna. Although I didn't really like this small role of protecting him, I never question an order unless it's dire. 

The scraping sound of metal was heard when I pulled out my katana. I had hidden the Uchiha pendent on it with white bandages. 

"Kakashi sensei, it's Zabuza isn't it? This is his Hidden Mist technique?" Sakura spoke. The air became eerily quiet once again. I could practically hear the loud heartbeats of my team members about to burst out from their chests. 

"Sorry I kept you waiting, Kakashi. I see you still got those brats," Zabuza's razor sharp voice appeared in front of us, "That one's still trembling. Pitiful." he scoffed as he stared at Sasuke's shaking hands. 

Sasuke scoffed. "I'm trembling with excitement." He smirked. 

"Go on Sasuke..." Kakashi encouraged. Sasuke's grin got wider and he suddenly took his kunai and quickly slashed through the multiple water clones. 

"Hmm, looks like the brat is improving. Seems like you've got a rival Haku." Zabuza taunted. "Indeed." Haku's soft voice muttered, making his appearance known. 

My side had already started making fun of the duo and their masks. I rolled my eyes as I heard them talking about how Haku is fooling everyone with his mask, and after that Sakura accused Kakashi of being a hypocrite. 

Zabuza faintly looked at me raising his eyebrows as if asking: 'Are they for real?' I grunted in embarrassment but eventually nodded with a sigh. Can't believe my teammates...

"That's it. I'm taking him on. Who does he think he is hiding behind that mask like a clown." Sasuke glared.

"Ohh! Sasuke, you're so cool!" Sakura cheered while the others sweat dropped at her actions. 

Haku and Zabuza were quietly muttering with each other. From their looks, I think they were on about Sasuke. Haku nodded after some time and immediately stepped forward.

My grip on my katana tightened as I waited for Haku's move. After creating a simple hand sign, a huge mist tornado formed encasing himself in it. The next thing I knew was that his kunai clashed with Sasuke's.

Everyone froze still as those two tried to dominate each other with their strengths. "Sakura, protect Tazuna. Let Sasuke handle him. Naomi, you come forward with me." Kakashi commanded. 

"Secret Jutsu: Crystal Ice Mirrors!" Haku proclaimed. The fog became more dense as it surrounded Sasuke and Haku, forming into long rectangle crystal mirrors. 

My eyes widened as I saw what jutsu Haku was using. Oh no... That's one of Haku's special techniques. It's nearly impossible to break through the ice barrier! I remembered when Haku used the same technique on me when we were sparring together those years ago. 

"Take this!" Sakura threw a kunai knife towards the ice. "Sakura! No!" I yelled while face palming. That idiot thinks she can take on Haku! 

Haku's hand came out of one of the reflections and caught the knife with ease. I pouted as a funny thought came to my mind.

"You know what Sakura? That was actually the first time she was useful at anything!! Aw too bad that it didn't do any damage. Actually I'm not even surprised that a weak attack like that failed." I said, a little ashamed at her lame attempt.

Zabuza laughed out loud at my comment while the cotton candy glared at me. Sasuke who heard the comment turned his head to hide his snicker. 

 I giggled. "Don't you dare glare at me! Just because we're frenemies doesn't mean I wont take the opportunity to embarrass you!" I shouted.

Haku just shook his head with a sigh, and before he could aim it again... BOOM! 

We all looked to the side to see a huge puff of smoke appearing out of no where. "The number one ninja, Naruto Uzumaki, is here!" Naruto exclaimed. 

Shut up, Naruto.. Sasuke thought.

We all just stared at him with a sweat drop. I could even see Zabuza grunting with annoyance. It's that brat again. He thought.

"You've got that brat in the orange. With the rest of the brats on your team. My Kakashi, you've got such a bothersome team." Zabuza stated with a raised eyebrow.

"You made a mistake calling these ninja brats," Kakashi started with a proud tone "Sasuke's the best young fighter of the Hidden Leaf Village. Sakura is our sharpest mind..."

"The only thing good about her!" I interrupted making her scowl at me. 

"Naomi... she's quite a powerful mystery with a dangerous background with humor. And last but not least our number one hyperactive knuckle head ninja, Naruto."

"Hmm, I'll accept mystery since Zabuza-sensei knows more about me than ya'll do yourselves." I shrugged. 

Kakashi sweat dropped. I feel like I'm losing my position as a sensei... he thought. 

"Hey hey! I'm still here!!" Naruto yelled bringing attention to himself. 

What an idiot! If he had stayed hidden, he could have been so much more effective! Both Kakashi's and my thought matched. 

"Shadow clone jutsu!" Naruto made the hand sign. "Naruto! No!" Kakashi yelled. Zabuza aimed a bunch of shurikens at the kuncklehead. 

Everyone turned to Haku in surprise as he intercepted the attack with senbons. "Haku, what the hell do you think you're doing?" Zabuza questioned.

"Zabuza. This boy, let me fight him my own way. Please." Haku said while eyeing Naruto. 

"Heh. You're going too soft, as usual." Zabuza muttered. I mentally nodded in my head. I agree. He's more soft than me. But he's always been like that. 

Haku and Sasuke resumed their battle once again. "You might want to pay attention to me Kakashi, because you won't even know when I'll swoop in and obliterate the bridge builder." Zabuza chuckled.

"Naruto you idiot!!" we heard Sasuke yell. I turned to see Naruto suddenly inside squatting down next to Sasuke. My eyes widened in disbelief.

"Naruto you fool! Just what the hell do you think you're doing with Sasuke!" I screamed. He turned to me and yelled back. 

"He should be thankful that I'm here with him!" 

"W-, w-why would you! You should have stayed outside so you could have attacked from there!" I yelled in frustration. "Ugh forget about it! I'm wasting my breath yelling at you." 

"That's it! I'm going to destroy these mirrors once and for all. Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!" Sasuke blew out a huge gust and aimed it at the mirrors. 

"That's pointless. This ice isn't normal, its part of a kekki genkai which cannot be destroyed by normal fire." I said as I observed the flames disappearing with no effect. 

Haku continued attacking both of them with his needles. My attention was brought back to our side as Kakashi suddenly pulled up his leaf head band, revealing his Sharingan. 

Zabuza made his water clones and all attacked Kakashi. They grey haired ninja fought back with his weapons. Their taijutsu battle began a couple of minutes later. 

Zabuza-sensi took his sword and aimed towards Kakashi, successfully hitting him on the arm. Blood squirted out as the wound deepened. 

I decided to help a bit. As Zabuza aimed again, I flashed right in front of Kakashi and clashed my own katana with his own sword. 

To say the least, he was surprised. "Heh. Well well, I never thought I would fight against one of my students." He mocked as he applied more pressure to his zanbato sword, Kubikiribocho.

I gritted my teeth as I tried to force him back from my own strength. It didn't really help that he was of course taller than me. 

"Ahh!" I heard a blood curling scream. My head snapped towards the ice mirrors as my eyes filled with worry. I saw a silhouette of someone lying on the ground. 

"K-Kakashi.." I whispered. "Go." he said with a nod. I didn't think twice and ran towards the mirrors. I pumped more chakra into the soles of my feet to go faster. 

I could hear Sasuke scolding Naruto. "You should see the look on your face. You look like a total loser," Sasuke rasped then coughed slightly.

"Why...why did you save me?" Naruto muttered as his face filled with anguish. Sasuke smirked. 

"Argh!! I didn't ask for this! I didn't ask for you to save me!" Naruto yelled as he took in Sasuke's weak form. I'm not usually an emotional person, but when it's someone close to me... 

I couldn't help it. Tears dripped from my eyes one by one. Even though those two hated each other, they also were fond of each other.. like best friends, even brothers. 

"My brother... he's still out there," Sasuke rasped "I promised myself I would stay alive so I could kill him." he said quietly. 

My feet slowly dragged me towards their slumped forms. I didn't want to move. It was as if lead replaced my legs. "S-Sasuke..." I hiccuped, a lump forming in my throat.

His eyes widened as he finally noticed me. But finally softened, giving me a sad smile. "H-Hey." he croaked. I collapsed at his feet gasping as air couldn't even reach my lungs.

"Y-you idiot!" I smacked his chest as my vision blurred. "Idiot. Idiot. Idiot!" His icy  hand grabbed mine pulling me closer to him. 

"What about me, huh? Did you ever think about me? How could you!" I whispered as my shoulders shook on his body. I could feel him chuckle a bit. 

"You'll always have me." he said before slowly bringing my lips to his. I gently kissed him back as my salty tears hit our lips. I couldn't feel him move anymore. 

I pulled back to see him lying with his eyes closed. "S-Sasuke?" I shook him. "No No No! Sasuke!!" 

"He was a true ninja. Is this your first time seeing death? This is what it means to be a Shinobi." Haku said calmly before entering back into the glass. I knew he was talking to Naruto at the moment.

"Shut up." I heard Naruto say menacingly. "You'll pay for this!" 

A misty cloud swirled around Naruto, obscuring him from everyone else's view. Suddenly, red chakra surrounded him violently, engulfing him, with his anger emanating off it in waves. 

I felt a chill crawl down my spine as the ominous chakra shook the ground all around us, releasing the feeling of blood lust. My body tensed as Naruto's head snapped up. 

His eyes had narrowed, and the lines that were visible on his face has grown thicker. Eyes blazed with rage. The red chakra burned brighter and brighter as the nine-tailed fox's face formed with an evil grin. 

"I'M GONNA KILL YOU!!!!!" he howled.

Hope you liked it!^^