Ch.3: The Academy

Naomi's POV

I woke up the sounds of birds chirping outside. I groaned and turned my body towards the clock on my new night table. My eyes widened as I read the time. 

"SHIT! I'm late!" I yelled and hopped out of bed. I ran into my closet to pick out some clothes. I laid it on my bed and ran into my large bathroom for a shower. I let the hot water run down my back as I lathered my hair with fruity smelling shampoo. I took a shower everyday in the morning to start off my day. It made me feel more fresh. 

I came out wrapped in my dark navy blue towel. It might not look like it, but I have a lot of Uchiha colored things around my home. Like my towel, bed sheets, and just a couple things here and there. 

I dried my "blue" hair with a weak fire jutsu and let it down in perfect curls. I didn't need to put any makeup on since my face was fine. I just put some lotion on to keep it moisturized. 

I dressed up in my red, spaghetti strap red mid corset top, with black, tight leather shorts, black combat boots and my finger-less gloves. I straightened out my Uchiha necklace, which belonged to my father, and tucked it inside my top. 

I looked at the mirror one more time. Perfect. I headed out into the kitchen. I didn't care how late I was, I never skipped breakfast. Knowing how I love food, you should know that I don't skip meals. 

I made some light eggs with toast and a glass of orange juice. While my eggs cooked, I closed my eyes for a bit and concentrated on my chakra. Whenever I have free time, I always try to connect with my spiritual energy. 

I could feel my chakra increasing and decreasing as I inhaled and exhaled. From that I knew, I had proper control.

I put the eggs between my toast and ate it while finishing up the juice. I grabbed the boxes, headed out and locked the door. 

Then I ran like the wind since I was still late. A couple minutes later I ran up the stairs towards the Hokage's office. I knocked on the door. "Come in" the familiar voice called.

I stepped inside and smiled. "Good morning hii ojii-san! Sorry I'm late." He chuckled and waved me off. 

"That's quite alright my dear. Now let's get you to the academy. He should be coming in about now..." he said. I raised an eyebrow. He?

KNOCK KNOCK "Come in." I turned around to see a ninja with gray defying hair with a dark blue mask covering half of his face. I knew who exactly he was. 

"You called for me Lord Hokage?" he asked. The hokage nodded. "Kakashi I would like you to take Naomi to the academy."

He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "Very well. Come Naomi." I nodded and followed him out the door. 

"Bye hii ojii-san!" I yelled. 

"Goodbye Naomi, I will see you later."

Kakashi and I were now walking towards the academy. "So.... what is the great 'Copy cat Ninja' doing around the village like this?" I asked curiously. 

He looked at me in shock. I guess he wasn't expecting me, a "genin," to know who he was. I raised an eyebrow. 

"I don't have any missions at the moment. That's why." he spoke while taking out a familiar orange looking book out of his weapons pouch. I looked at him in surprise as he started reading.

This guy reads Icha Icha paradise?? He felt someone staring at him and turned towards me. "Is there something wrong?"

I shook my head. "You read Icha Icha???" I exclaimed. He, once again, looked at me with wide eyes. 

"How do you know about Icha Icha Paradise? Kids your age should not be reading it." he lightly scolded. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I never knew you were a pervert." I scoffed. "Look at the names of the author's genius." He raised an eyebrow and flipped to the back of the book.

There was a picture of jii-san and I together with out name written on the bottom. "Jiraiya, the Sannin and Naomi Suzuki." 

"Y-you're N-Naomi S-Suzuki??" He stuttered. I grinned and winked.

"In the flesh! Now you know that I'm the one that helped write Icha Icha with Jii-san." 

"Jii-san? You mean to say that Jiraiya-sama is your grandfather??" he asked in a surprise tone. I nodded.

"Yup! I've been travelling with him all of my life and I just settled down here in Konoha after hii-jiisan's request." Kakashi nodded and continued reading. 

I looked around and noticed something. My jaw slacked and I started laughing. 

"Hahaha! Look someone painted the Hokage mountains! Haha what a great prank!" I complimented. Kakashi looked up from his book and raised an eyebrow at the paint.

He sighed. "Weird and genin's these days..." he muttered under his breath. I chuckled in amusement. I felt like I knew who did it. We had finally arrived at the academy. 

We went inside and down the final hallway arriving at the last door. We could hear the commotion inside. 

"I'm at the end of my rope, Naruto! You failed the graduation test last time and the time before that. Tomorrow you've got another chance and you're messing up again!" I heard someone yell. 

Kakashi and I just looked at each other with a raised eyebrow. He finally knocked on the door and slid it open. 

"I hope I'm not interrupting, Iruka." 

"No no not at all Kakashi." the man, Iruka, spoke. He had bronze skin with black hair tied up. A long scar stretched across his nose and wore chunin vest. I'm guessing that he's the sensei. 

"Well good. I brought the new student that Lord Hokage was talking about." I finally stepped out from behind Kakashi and went inside the room. All of the attention was on me. 

"Alright, why don't you come here and introduce yourself." 

I stood in the front and faced the class as Kakashi left me. Since I was meeting them for the first time I spoke a bit coldly. "Hello, my name's Naomi Suzuki and I'm 12 years old." 

I scanned the faces of the students. The boys had hearts in their eyes with drools while the girls stared at me with jealously written all over their faces. I mentally sweat dropped at how ignorant these people were and based judgement how I looked like. But frankly I didn't care since my looks were on my side. 

"Anyone have any questions??" Iruka asked. Many people raised their hands. 

"What do you like to do?"

I thought for a minute. "It depends. But I love to read, sing, cook, and train."

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Some guy asked. I shook my head. 

"No I do not." After I said that I heard sighs of relief. I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Do you like anyone here??" A girl with long blonde hair tied in a high ponytail, Ino, obnoxiously asked. I frowned in confusion.

"Excuse me? Are you asking if I like anyone in this class?" I double checked. She nodded and kept secretly looking at a boy repeatedly. I looked around the classroom and my eyes lingered a bit on the boy she was looking at earlier. He gave me a dark glare. Psh, like that glare could work on an Uchiha. I guessed he was the 'heart throb' of the class. But I just rolled my eyes at him and scoffed. I could see that he was a bit surprised.

"No. I don't like anyone. I have only been here for 2 minutes. How can I like someone in that amount of time?" I asked. "No more questions."