The Perfect Date

Katniss P.O.V

After coming home jade and Tyler disappeared but I didn't bother them. Probably wanted some alone time. Living in this house can be a bit overwhelming at times. I could tell she was upset though. Probably her past. It's not a very happy one. Probably one of the saddest.

Right now I am sitting in the kitchen watching Peeta make pasta. I'm too lazy to make it myself. "Obey the apron if your going to watch" he says and I laugh because he is wearing "kiss the chef apron" I laugh and walk over to him and kiss him passionately. "Happy" I say smirking and he nods continuing with the pasta. I sit behind him on the counter where all the sauces are. He turns around debating which one to pick while I pick my favourite one and put it in his face saying "pick me" he laughs and takes the sauce sighing in defeat. I just laugh at him.

After about 5 minutes the dinners ready and we call everyone. They all come flying through the door. Okay well not literally flying except for finch , she did fly. I laugh at how quickly they came. They all just glare at me and like up for their food. We all sit down and eat talking about random things and laughing at Johanna who turned into Annie and scares her. It was really funny. After dinner I clean up all the dishes with the "help" of clove. And by help I mean she say and played music in her phone while I washed the dishes. She's such a good help. Note the sarcasm.

I am putting the dishes away when 2 strong arms wrap around my waist and lift me up. I squeal and then giggle as I recognise it's Peeta. He kisses my cheek before putting me down. I turn around and kiss him before finishing the dishes. "Were going out tonight" He says and I laugh. "I don't remember being asked on a date?" I say pretending to think. "Ok how about this" he says. "Katniss Everdeen will you do the honour of going on a date with me?" He asks and I giggle. "Of course I would" I say smiling and hugging him. "Be ready for 7" he says sending shivers down my spine. "Ok casual?" I question. "Fancy" he says smiling . I look at the clock and see it's 5:45pm I run upstairs and head towards the shower grabbing a towel on my way.

I step under the water feeling the hot pressure against my skin. I wash my hair with strawberry scented shampoo and then use the same scented conditioner. I use my grape body wash. It smells amazing. I rinse myself off before stepping out and drying off. I head to my wardrobe and pick out a mid thigh pink dress that hugs my curves. It has a white lace covering the top section going down into a low cut v-neck. I put on a pair of white heels and pulled the front of my hair back and out a white bow in. I apply some pink blush , eyeliner and lip gloss. I grab my bag and head downstairs to be met by a mixture of white , red and pink rose petals making a path. There is a note at the start so I pick it up and read it.

To Katniss ,

Hey , can't wait for tonight , just follow this path and our night can begin , love you ,

Peeta xx

Aww how sweet. I follow the petals toward are front door where Peeta stands in black suit pants and a fancy shirt. "Hello handsome" I say . "Hello beautiful" he says and I blush. "What have you got planned?" I ask. "It's a surprise" he says. I sigh in defeat and take his hand as he leads me to the car. He holds the door open and we begin our journey.

---

"Were here" Peeta say tapping my shoulder. I open my eyes and see Peeta has put a blindfold on. Peeta helps me out and leads me somewhere. "Open" he says and I open my eyes gasping at the sight. There is little fairy lights hung on all the trees. There is a picnic basket on a heckled blanket and there is music playing in the background. "Peeta I love it" I say hugging him tightly. He hugs back and kisses the top of my head. We both sit down on the picnic blanket and start to eat.

---

After the picnic . Which was delicious , we just sit and talk. "Katniss, I love you" Peeta says all of a sudden. "Peeta I love you too , more than anything. "Katniss why ?" He asks me. "Because your the most amazing person on this earth. You have helped me through everything. You are the reason I have a smile on my face. And most importantly , I would never want to be with anyone else" I say and wipe a tear that left my eye. He pulls me into a huge hug and nuzzles his face in my neck. "No, I don't deserve you" he says pulling out of the hug. He cups my face in his hands and attaches his lips with mine. I kiss back instantly and all the butterflies lead to my stomach and I feel sparks. He pulls back. "I always want to be with you" he says. "I always want to be with you too" I say hugging him.

We both stand up off the blanket. "May I have this dance?" He asks smiling. "You may" I say. We both sway to the slow music in the background. My arms are around his neck while his are around my waist pulling me in close. My head is laying on his shoulder . It's really peaceful here. This is the most perfect date ever. Especially since it's with Peeta , the best boyfriend in the world...

(A/N) Not really done a date in a while. Hope you liked it and if you have anything you want in the story just comment below , thanks xx . 😘😍