Broken

I wake up to Peeta placing soft kisses on my cheek. I grin and turn around to face him.
"Good morning. Can I help you?" I ask and he shrugs.
"I guess you could" he says and moves the kisses until his face is centimetres away from mine, brushing his lips against mine softly. My eyes close and I move closer to him so our lips are pressed together in a soft, sweet kiss. Someone clears their throat and we both pull away, looking towards the door where a very devious looking clove is standing cross armed.
"Can I help you?" I ask.
"I guess you could" she says , mimicking Peeta in her best impression of what I can only imagine to be a guy. Although she sounds like Chewbacca with a hair ball stuck in his throat. Peeta just laughs and flips her off.
"I have invited everyone over for a movie day. So if you ever plan on leaving the bed today you know where we'll be" she says and I shake my head and smile.
"You know wha clove? You're so funny" I say and she smiles.
"Sarcasm?" She questions.
"Sarcasm" I confirm and she just shrugs, walking out of the room.

----------

Everyone soon arrived and I began to get the overwhelmed feeling. It feels like something strange is inside me. A force. And it just brings me down, making me feel so low. It's bizarre. Like it will hit at any time. I hate it. I walk up to the balcony, trying to separate my thoughts. I close the doors behind me and stare out at the sky. The beautiful blue, barely a cloud in sight and I catch glimpse of a bird. I love them. How they fly so freely in a world where nobody. No human is free. But these birds. The sky is literally their limit. They have the world beneath them. They don't have to live these horrid lives with loss, pain, death. I wish I could be like that. Instead I'm stuck here. Consumed by grief and fear, everyday  it gets harder. With him gone nothing seems worth fighting for. Worth living for. Nothing except Peeta. Still, I miss him. I stare out at the street in front of me. Mostly empty except a man jogging and a couple walking with their baby in a pram. A happy family. Something I've not had in a long time. The tears start to well up in my eyes and no matter how hard I try to keep them in, I just can't. And I break. I cry loudly, not caring who hears me or who sees me. I just need to let it out. I just need to release all of this sadness. Ever since I stopped cutting I've had no way to release it. Except this. I hear the door unlock and Peeta walks out. He crouches next to me and looks at me sadly. It's only then that I realise I'm on the floor. He scoops me up in his arms, not saying a word and carries me to the bed where he lays down with me in his arms. I cry into his chest and he rubs my back in small circles.
"Shh baby. You're going to be okay. Look at me" he says and I look up at him, trying to stop crying.
"I'm here for you. I'm going to take care of you and look after you and I'll be here in times like this when you need someone. I'm always going to be here. No matter what happens" he says and kisses my forehead, letting his lips linger. I move closer to him, burying my face deep in his chest. He hums in my ear and I calm down, closing my eyes.
"You go to sleep for a while and when you wake up we can watch a movie of our own" he whispers in my ear soothingly and I nod before falling deeper into a state of sleep.