New love ?

Katniss P.O.V

"I find the defendant..." he says and pauses. I squeeze Peetas hand. He pulls me close. "Guilty" I hear the judges voice boom. I hold into Peeta crying with happiness. "John Everlark you are charged with the murder of Primrose Everdeen , Rue Sparrow ( I know I used a different last name but it's sparrow now) Plutarch heavensbee and Laura Everdeen." He says announcing my mothers name at the end. I can't believe it!. He is the one that killed my family, my own uncle. He makes me sick ! I try to calm down but knowing my real dad's brother killed the only 3 members of family I have left makes me sick. "You have a life sentence in Prison" the judge says and I swear if looks could kill I would be dead. My uncle aka John Everlark is glaring at me. I glare right back at him forgetting about my powers and he ends up on the floor screaming. I immediately stop and Peeta holds my hand sending my discomfort.

Peeta P.O.V

I can't believe her own uncle would do such a thing! It makes me sick.
I hold Katniss hand tightly sensing her discomfort and pull her close to me. She clutches into my chest while Her step dad's lawyer congratulates us. We thank her and then we are all escorted out of court. I drive us back to district 4. When we get home everyone is waiting anxiously in the living room. "Katniss go get some rest" I whisper in her ear kissing her cheek softly. She nods and walks upstairs to her room. I walk over where everyone else is and see Johanna holding gales hand , clove wrapped around Cato , Finnick had Annie on his lap and she is leaning on him. The rest are just sitting there. "Turns out it was John Mellark , her uncle and he was given a life sentence." I say and a few gasps are heard throughout the room. I look around and they all look shocked. Anyway I'm heading into district 12 to visits my dad" I say and head out the door.

Katniss P.O.V

I wake up later on without Peeta. I pick up my phone to see a text from him.

From : Peeta 😘💜💗

Hey I'm just visiting my dad , be home tonight. xx

I decide to text him back letting him know I got his text.

To : Peeta 😘💜💗

Hey that's fine , have fun. Say hi for me will you ? x can't wait to see you , miss you xx

I hit send and decide to head downstairs for a drink . When I get to the kitchen door I hear whispers so I decide to eavesdrop.

"Shh we don't want people hearing us now do we ?" I think marvel says and I hear a giggle. Definitely Cassie. "No , I'm not ready to tell them. It's been great for the last few days and I don't want to be asked a million questions." She says. "Ok we don't have to" he says. "Thank you" she whispers. It goes quiet so I think they have left . I walk through the doors to see marvel and Cassie kissing. Woah! Did not see this coming. I gasp and there heads shoot around to me and they stare wide-eyed. I smirk at them. "Secret relationship eh?" I ask them and Cassie turns bright red. "Take that as a yes" I say winking at them causing them both to blush. "Please don't tell anyone" marvel says breaking the silence. "Ok but only cause I am amazing" I say sighing happily. They both hug each other. "Young love " I say dreamily causing Cassie to hide in marvels shirt. "Haha wait do you Have any idea what this means. ?" I ask them and the both look dumbfounded. "Think about it. The couples go me and Peeta , finnick and Annie , thresh and foxface , Gale and Johanna , clove and Cato , you two love birds " I say winking . "And that leaves jade and Tyler" I say happily. "Ohhhhh" Cassie says and I laugh. Marvel kisses her. "PDA there is a young , beautiful , talented and overall amazing girl In this room who doesn't want to see this" I say laughing. "I don't mind seeing it" Cassie says. "Touché" I say and she laughs evilly. "I'm going back to bed. No funny business" I say pointing between them and they both blush. I wink before walking away forgetting my drink. I run back in to see them kissing. "What did I just say?" I ask sassily and they laugh. I get a drink and head up to bed waiting for Peeta to come home. I lay down and hun to myself. Just then I get a phone call. I pick it up without checking the caller ID. "Hello" I say. "Hi this is your fathers lawyer just to tell you that you will inherit the rest of your fathers money in the say of your birthday which is next month" she says into the phone. "Thank you very much" I say. "That's what I'm here for" she says and laughs slightly. "Goodbye" I say. "Bye Katniss" she says and hangs up. She's really nice. I sit my phone back and then hear my door open and look at it to see Peeta walk in. He stumbles through the door falling in the process. I rush down to him. "My mom ... she escaped and she is home" he says in between gasps. "Did you run here!" I ask shocked. "I had to she was coming after me" he says and a tear rolls down his cheek. I wipe it away with my thumb and kiss his head. I pick up my phone and call the cops. I explain the situation and they say there are police already on it and she will phone me with further details. I pull Peeta close to me hugging him tight. "Where hurts?" I ask him. "My leg but it's not broken just pulled a muscle I think" he say and I nod. "Let's get you to bed" I say and he nods. I help him up and he gets changed before hopping into bed. I curl up into him with my head on his chest. He is playing with strands of my hair . "I love you Katniss" he says kissing me " I love you to Peeta. Forever and always" I say before drifting of dot sleep. The last thing I hear is Peeta repeating my words "Forever and always"