New life

Alex P.O.V

"No you don't have to go because were adopting you" she says. "WHAT!" I say shocked. "I know it's a big change but technically you have been living with us all this time" she says. "That's true" I say processing what's going on. "We have a spare room and I'm sure Peeta mellark would help paint it , I've heard he's great at art" she says and I smile. "Plus we would spoil you rotten" she says laughing. "And I have always wanted a child" she says adding to the facts why I would enjoy it here. "You know what?" I say. "What?" She says. "I would love if you adopted me" I say proud of my decision. She squeals and hugs me. The first real hug I have had in a long time. I enjoy her embrace. This brings back thoughts of my parents. Who died. I start to

Silently cry and she holds me tighter. "It's ok" she says. "You'll be alright" she says. I start crying even more at the though of my parents dead. "Just close your eyes , the sun is going down . You'll be alright , no one can hurt you now. Come morning light . You and I'll be safe and sound" she sings in an angelic voice. I start to calm down as she strokes my hair. "Let's go to the living room" she says quietly and I nod , standing up. When we walk through we see Haymitch sitting on the couch flicking through the television channels.

When we walk in he switches off the TV and looks up at us. He gestures for us to sit and we do. "So what do you say?" He asks hopefully. "I think it would be great" I say truthfully. He smiles really big and I smile back. "Great" he says. "I have to go out but I'll be back soon" he says kissing Effie's cheek and walking out the door. "Let's go see if Peeta can paint your new room" she says eagerly. I laugh slightly. "Sure , who's Peeta?" I ask forgetting which one he was. "You'll see" she says. We stand up and walk out to her car before heading to district 4 where they live.

About half an hour later we pull up at a. Huge beach house. It's 5 story's high. It's beautiful. We walk up to the door and knock. "Oh hey Miss.Trinket how can we help you?" A boy says smiling sweetly. "Yes Peeta we need your help" she says. "Oh come on in" I'm guessing Peeta says. She nods and we both walk through the house to the living room. We sit on the couch. Just then Annie and Katniss walk downstairs laughing with finnick following them. He looked embarrassed. They stop

In their tracks when they see me. "Hey Alex" Annie says and Katniss smiles. "Ok so what can I help you with" Peeta asks Effie. "Oh I was wondering if you could maybe decorate Alex's bedroom for her" she says. He looks confused. "We adopted her" she states proudly. "What about her real parents" he says. I look down sadly and sigh. "They-they're dead" I say with a single tear falling down my cheek. "OMG I'm so sorry , I didn't know" Peeta says. "It's fine" I say. "Ok and I'll decorate it however you want" he says. "Thank you" I say shyly. He smiles. "Ok when can you start" Effie asks him. "How about Friday" he says and I nod. "Ok , great I'll get some paints." Effie says. "Ok well just get going" Effie says. "Well Alex can hang out here and well drop her off later if you want?" Annie says and Effie looks at me. I nod. "Ok I'll see you later " she says hugging me. "Thanks Peeta" she says on her way out. I sit on the couch and Annie comes and sits next to me. "Hey" she says sitting down. "Hi" I say. "What do you want to do" Annie asks me. "I don't know I've not hung out with anyone before" I say embarrassed. "Didn't you have friends back home" Annie asks and I shake my head. "Nobody liked me" I say sadly. "Well that's going to change" she says and I smile slightly. "Do you want to go swimming" she asks. "No!" I a answer back a bit to quickly. "Why not?" She asks suspiciously. I just stare at her trying to think of a lie "umm I - I" well done Alex now she thinks your stupid. My subconscious tells me. "Alex is there something you want to tell me" she says. "More like show" I mumble but apparently she heard me. "Show me what?" Annie asks me. I sigh and pull up my shirt. I have a few marks because - well I used to be fat. Like extremely. I didn't have any friends and got bullied because of it. I also have big scars across my tummy. "Oh that's nothing to be ashamed of and what are those" she asks referring to the big 5 inch scars across my tummy. "Self harm" I say quietly. She pulls me into a huge hug and a tear runs down my face. "It's ok" she says and I sigh. "Well I could give you a wetsuit that I have" she says and I nod. "Thank you" I whisper barely audible. "Sweetie it's fine let's go get changed" she says and I nod" we walk up allot of stairs until we get to her room. We walk in and she digs in her walk in wardrobe and soon pulls out a navy blue wetsuit that goes to your elbows and knees. I thank her and slip into the bathroom to get changed.

Annie P.O.V

That's so sad why would people not like her. She is an amazing , smart and pretty girl. It really makes me wonder. She soon walks out in my wet suit. "Are you comfortable" I ask and she nods. I smile and drag her to the swimming room.

We walk in to find everyone else is sitting or swimming. Alex grows a little uncomfortable. I squeeze her hand and she nods. We both run and jump into the heated pool and soon resurface laughing our heads off. I see Alex look off shocked. "What?" I ask. "Mermaid" se says and I look over to see Johanna but she has transformed into a mermaid. Well shape shifted should I say. I hear Johanna laugh as she resurfaces. Wow I wish I could be a mermaid. That would be cool. She shape shifts back to herself. She laughs. "Oh I have an idea" I say. And all eyes turn to me. "We should see how many things Johanna can turn into" I say and they all nod. "Okay everyone meet in the living room in half an hour" I say and everyone runs off.

Me and Alex get changed back

Into out clothes and head downstairs. We see Johanna with a glass of water sitting next to her and she is scrolling down her phone. Soon everyone piled into the living room and sits down. "Okay well just go round in circles and we can all choose different things for her to change into." I say and everyone nods. "Okay well start with Alex" I say pointing to her . "Uhh Gale" she says laughing. Johanna huffs. She closes her eyes and we soon see another gale. "Someone record this" she says and Everyone pulls out their phones. She starts to twerk and we all laugh except Gale. She soon laughs to much and turns back. "Well we can't show anyone anyway because she turned back" Peeta says. "Okay my turn" I say. "Turn into Liam Payne" I say and she laughs turning into him. I shriek and take a selfie. "I'm so telling people I met Liam Payne" I say proudly and everyone laughs.

Johanna P.O.V

"Okay next" I say. "Spongebob" marvel says. "I don't think I- "u

Just try" he says cutting me off. I close my eyes and feel myself shifting. Everyone burst out laughing and have tears. I soon laugh along with them but it's not my usual laugh. It's spongebobs. This causes everyone to laugh harder. I turn back and everyone calms down. "My turn" Cassie says. "Turn into Thor" she says and I do the process of closing my eyes and I soon transform. "Wow" everyone says. I have a big hammer. I decide to make this fun so I start singing somewhere over the rainbow in a high pitch voice and skip around swirling my hammer. Everyone is clutching their stomachs laughing at me. I transform back.

*****1 hour later****

After a very long hour they finally run out if things. I have been a selection if horses - elephants - superman . It was pretty fun though.

Alex P.O.V

Annie is dropping me back home. I really had fun today. We get in the car and drive home. "I want you to call me for anything you need and come over when ever you want" she says and I smile. "Here I'll wake you to the door" she says smiling at me. We both get out and make our way to the door. On our way a little puppy crosses out path and obviously Annie wants to talk to it. She scoops it up in her arms and stares at it. It is very cute if I do say so myself....

(A/N) hey guys , sorry for not updating sooner but I have been super busy ;). Hope you like Alex and I hope you liked the chapter. I enjoyed writing it. Love you and thank you so much for 45 K that is so amazing you have no idea 💜💗😍