6 Mockingjays

Peeta P.O.V

Why Katniss ? I think. She has lost everybody except me. She is already broken enough without this. First it was prim and now her parents. Her last family exept clove and cloves parents. I am going to help her through this. She is broken and I will fix her. I will protect her because that's what we do , protect each other .

Katniss P.O.V

NO! This can't be real. I just sit in silence with Peeta holding my hand. About five minutes pass and Mr.Abernathy walks in with a woman in a black suit carrying a briefcase. "Hi Katniss , my name is Louise Henderson and I am your fathers lawyer." The woman says. I nod because honestly I don't think I am able to form words in this state. "I will go through the will with you first." She says. "Ok" I say barely above a whisper. "Now I understand how hard this is for you, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I know you are still trying to process this but if you could try and work with me. I know it's rough and your father was a great man and I'm sure your mother was wonderful but the quicker we get this done the quicker you can have time to heal ok?" She asks. "Yeah . Ok" I say and she nods. "Your father has left everything to you. The money , cars , house." She says as she takes a seat. "He had 3 million pounds in his bank account which is now yours. His work will pay him off for all the money he would have earned and this will happen every year for the next 10 years leaving you with about 15 million on top of the 3 million. He has a jar with money in it and he never told me how much. " she says and I look at her shocked. I knew my dad was rich but not this rich. "Your father was a very successful man. You will also get interest from the bank each month and he has payed off the 2 houses that he owned. The cars are yours. Since you are still seventeen you will only receive 1 million until you turn 18 and you will receive the rest. I just need you to sign some papers" she says pulling sheets out of her briefcase and handing them to me with a pen. "Just sign where the crosses are" she says and I nod. I sign my name where needed and hand her the pen. "Thank you for your time Miss.Everdeen" she says. I will speak to you again in a few months. " she says walking out. J knew that would happen but I didn't think it would be 5 minutes after I found out. I'm just glad I don't have to worry about it any more. Mr.Abernathy tells me to go home and that Peeta should take me. I nod and stand up and hug Mr.Abernathy. "Thanks" I whisper and he nods . "Take care sweet heart" he says and we walk to the car. Peeta pulls out his phone and texts someone and then starts driving. The car ride is silent but I don't know what to say. Peeta turns on the radio and one direction plays softly through the speakers. "I'm broken , do you hear me " plays and I close my eyes because it relates to me. I am broken. The rest of 'more than this' plays and I feel myself drifting off to a sleep trying to escape reality. I wake up on the couch in my house. I had the worst dream.

***** Dream*****

"Can I speak to Katniss and can Peeta come" Mr.Abernathy asks.we sit in his office and he tells us that my mom and dad died in a car accident .

*****End of Dream*****

I stand up and walk to the kitchen to see Peeta , thresh and Foxface. "Hey Peeta" I say happily and kiss his cheek. He has tears in his eyes and looks at thresh and foxfacw confused. They all wear worried expressions. "Hey" he says in a dull voice. "Cheer up" I say and smile at him. He gives me a small smile. "I had the worst dream ever. My mom and dad were in a car crash and they died" I say. "I'm so glad I woke up it was horrible" I say and sigh. "Um Katniss" Peeta say worry plastered on his face. "That wasn't a dream. He says and then everything around me turns into whispers and everything blurs. The lay thing I remember is my body colliding with the floor and everything goes black.

*****One week later*****

Peeta P.O.V

I sit next to her bed holding her hand. I listen to the steady beeping of the heart monitor. I stare at the white wall in front of me and breathe in the sterilised air of the hospital. The smell of the hospital making me feel sick. Poor Katniss , it must have been to much to handle. I kiss her hand and lean my head back closing my eyes