Part 30 ~ Jealousy

. . . . .

Chris' text message:

"I'm about to fall asleep . . I haven't heard from you . . I just wanted to let you know that you're the cutest and . . can I please have you? . . haha . . no, seriously . . can I have you? . . haha, do you remember that video on youtube? CAN I HAVE YO NUMBA? CAN I HAVE IT? . . remember when we watched that video together and laughed our asses off? . . CAN I HAVE YOU, MICHAEL? . . CAN I? . . PLEASE? HAHA"

UGH.

Can I please erase Chris from Michael's life???!

Why does Chris have to be into Michael? it's not enough that Keisha still wants him desperately . . no . . his best friend wants him, too.

I can't take this.

I feel so low about myself already . . having two people to compete with is a living hell. I can't even compete with Chris! I hate the fact that Chris is in love with him . . I hate it so much. Why can't he just be straight and have a girlfriend?!

Why does he have to be in love with Michael?

Every flippin' female at our school is in love with him . . I just cannot live with that. I'm having such a hard time accepting the fact that Michael is so popular. Everybody knows his name at school. Every freakin' student knows him.

Every freakin' guy and every gorgeous girl at school knows who he is.

~ Michael's point of view ~

I lay down to sleep and realize that I forgot my phone at Jordyn's house. I'm too lazy and too tired to get up and get it . . I'm sure she'll bring it to school tomorrow. I'm a little worried about the stuff I have on there, to be honest . . . but I'm sure she'll never check it.

She's not that type of girl to snoop around.

Not Jordyn.

I don't think there's anything for me to worry about.

_____________________

The next day I wake up to my mom opening my bedroom door. "Honey? . . time to get ready for school, you're gonna be late!"

"Ok, ok . . . I'll be right up, mom" I slowly get out of bed, take a shower and go downstairs. Mom is getting ready for work, too. "Are you hungry, baby?"

"Naa . . I'm good . . thank you"

"I gotta go, honey . . I'm late for work . . I see you in the evening, take care, ok?" She kisses me on the cheek. "Bye, mom . . love you!"

"I love you, too!"

I pack my school stuff, get on my bike and ride to school. I'm not in the mood to walk . . it's not far away but it's raining today . . on the bike I'm much faster. I arrive at school 15 minutes before the bell rings . . I don't see Jordyn anywhere. I hope she doesn't forget to bring my phone to school today.

"Mike!"

I look to my right. "Chris . . whassup?"

"You never replied to any of my messages, dude!"

"Sorry . . umm . . I . . left my phone at Jordyn's house"

"Oh . . you were at Jordyn's house yesterday?"

"Yea . . . we just watched a movie . . "

"Ok . . ."

"Chris, have you seen her around?"

"No . . I haven't see her"

The school bell rings. We all walk inside the classroom and take our seats. Looks like Jordyn isn't coming to school today . . her seat is empty . . and everybody else has already taken their seats. Damn. I really need my phone.