Part 46 ~ Broken

"You know what, Michael? . . I bet that on the day I will fall in love with someone else and you will realize that you love me and then it'll be too late!" I say, turning around and walking towards the door. I put my hand on the door handle and stop for a moment. 

I can see in the reflection of the glass in the door that Michael is standing in the hallway, looking at me. I let go of the door handle and turn around. "Did you mean what you just said, Michael? do you really want to stop seeing me?"

"We're holding each other back, Chris . ."

"We're holding each other back from what, Michael? from meeting other people? . . please answer me this question, Mike . . if you're so sure about not wanting to be with me, why do you keep having sex with me??"

. . . . .

"I don't know, Chris . . ."

"We kiss . . we hug . . we sleep next to each other . . we have sex with each other . . I was there when your daughter was born, I was there when she said her first word, I was there when she made her first step . . and now you want us to stop seeing each other? . . why don't you just grab a gun and shoot me, Mike? . . that would hurt less!"

"Chris . . please stop . . you're not making this easy for me"

"You know what? I DON'T even wanna make this easy for you, Michael! . . you didn't make it easy for me in the last four years either! . . I can tell by the look in your eyes that you're hurt . . and I'm hurt, too! . . you can't do this, Michael . . and you can't stop me from seeing Serena . . I love her like she's my own!" I say, starting to cry again. "I'm sick and tired of waiting around for you . . I've did it for four years and I realize now that I've been wasting my time . . you wanna be with a woman? . . fine . . be with a woman! . . but let me just tell you that you will never find someone who loves you more than I do, Michael . . what I hate most about all this is that now I have to find someone else . . when all I wanted was you"

With that said I walk outside and get in my car. Michael wants to do this? . . fine . . I'm not going to stop him. I'm done waiting around for him. I'm done with hoping and wishing that one day we'll actually be together. 

. . . . . 

I turn on the radio in my car and try to calm myself down before going on the road. Tears are about to roll down but I just don't give a damn anymore. I've cried enough tonight. I start the engine and roll down the driveway. 

I see Michael in the rear view mirror. He's standing outside the house by the doorstep. Feeling bad there already, Michael? . . well, watch me leave, Angel Face . . I'm gone.

~ Michael's point of view ~ 

Mom walks in with a huge smile on her face . . but her smile quickly fades when she takes a closer look at the situation. "Why is there a bag filled with broken glass, Michael? . . what happened in here?"

"Chris and I happened, mom . . he left . . we're through"

"Through?! . . what do you mean? . . Michael, what the heck happened here tonight?"

"It doesn't matter anymore, mom . . our friendship is over . . he left and that's for the best!"

"No, it's not for the best!! . . Chris loves you, Michael!"

"Whatever, mom . . sorry about the mess, I'll pay you back for all the things I broke . . I love you . . I need to get out of here . . please excuse me"