Part 8 ~ Michael's Little Sister

~ Michael's point of view ~ 

Jordyn is crying so hard. I feel bad for bringing attention to it but I just had to see her arm. She hurt herself because of ME. I'm the reason why she cut herself. I feel horrible about it. I thought it was a tiny little cut . . but I was wrong . . the letters are huge and clearly visible. 

"Does it hurt?" I ask, as I'm gently brushing my thumb across my name.

Poor girl . . she doesn't look like she's able to talk. I let go of her arm and hug her tightly. I can feel her heart racing. I can feel every single beat of her heart through her chest. "I'm sorry, Jordyn . . I didn't mean to make you cry . . please forgive me . . I shouldn't even have mentioned your arm . . I apologize"

"No . . you did nothing wrong, Michael . . it's ok . . it's just my insecurity . . my pain . . everything . . I feel so vulnerable right now . . now that you saw my wound . . I'm sorry, Michael . . I don't wanna cry but I can't help it . . I guess . . I never wanted you to see it"

She wipes the tears from her eyes. "You don't have to be ashamed, Jordyn . . I wanted to see it . . and you need to know that I feel extremely flattered . . even thought I think you're absolutely crazy for doing this"

"Michael, please . . don't think I'm a freak . . I'm not . . please don't think I'm crazy . . I'm just . . I'm just very, very lonely"

I take her hand and start stroking it. "No . . I don't think you're a freak, Jordyn . . you're very nice and I like you very much"

"You-You do?"

I give her a smile. "Of course, I do . . please promise me one thing, ok?" She looks at me. "What, Michael?" 

"Please promise me that you will never hurt yourself again . . can you do that?" She hesitates for a moment but then she forces a smile and nods hear head. "I know what you go through, Jordyn . . I'm sorry for all the mean things they say . . whenever you feel like you need someone to talk to, a shoulder to lean on, I'm the one you should come to . . I really mean that, ok?"

She looks at me with huge eyes. "Michael, I . . I can't do that . . I don't wanna be a burden to you. you're so sweet for saying this, but I wouldn't want to get on your nerves . . I like you too much for that"

This girl needs a friend in her life . . she's so lonely . . I feel bad for her. I want to help her feel better, no one deserves to be treated the way she is at school. She needs it . . she needs someone to listen and to be there for her.

"You are not a burden, Jordyn . . you are my friend . . my very special friend, ok?" A shy smile appears on her face. "Why are you so sweet to me, Michael? . . I don't even deserve that"

"What makes you think you don't deserve it?"

She looks down, frowning. "I'm nothing special . . I never had a friend in my life and I think that's because I'm meant to be alone, I don't know" I shake my head. "Meant to be alone? nobody is meant to be alone, Jordyn . . we're human beings . . no one likes to be alone"

I put my hand on her shoulder. 

She looks at me.

"I like to be alone . . not all the time . . but sometimes . . when I'm alone no one can make fun of me . . no one can laugh at me" 

I see tears forming in her eyes again. "I'm sorry they make fun of you . . if I could change it, I would . . I swear I would . . but I don't think I can . . all I can do is be there for you . . and please believe me when I say that I want to be your friend, Jordyn"

My phone starts ringing again. I check to see who it is . . it's my dad . . again. I'm gonna be so dead when I get home. 

"Is that your father again?" Jordyn asks.