Part 9 ~ Michael's Black Eye & Bruises

"What did you just say??" Keisha asks with an angry expression on her face. She walks close to me and looks straight into my eyes. "Why are you yelling at me, Jordyn?!" 

"Be-Because you're mean! . . stop talking about Michael like that, it's disrespectful to him!" Keisha lets out a laugh. "I can talk about him the way I want to because he's MY man, ok?!"

"Yes, you can talk about whatever you want but stop talking about Michael like that! it's just not right! he's at home, SICK, and instead of calling him or visiting him at home, you're standing here with your girlfriends talking about Michael's private parts and how he is in bed!!"

Keisha pushes me. I fall down. "Listen to me, ELEPHANT!! you better keep your mouth shut before I kick your ass!! how dare you talk to me like that?! Michael is MY baby, I talk about whatever the hall I want! . . now get the hell out of my face!"

All the girls are looking at me in shock. Fine, I'll leave . . I'm glad I gave Keisha a piece of my mind. How dare she talk about Michael that way? . . I know this is none of my business but I care about Michael . . it hurt me, hearing Keisha talk about Michael like that.

If Michael were my boyfriend, I'd be sitting on his bed next to him, taking care of him! . . instead of talking about his private parts . . does she even love him? . . I don't think so. Poor Michael. If I could only be with him right now. Keisha is an absolute joke. Michael deserves better. Much better.

Lunch break is over. 

Everybody going to back inside. 

~ Michael's point of view ~ 

I'm home, watching TV in my room,  thinking about Keisha. I haven't gotten a phone call or a text message back from her yet . . we're back together . . I wonder why she doesn't care where I am and why I didn't come to school today. 

I'm a little confused . . she was so angry about the baby and everything and now that we're back together she's like giving me the cold shoulder and she acting like I don't even exist.

Why is she doing that? I could use a little love and comfort from her right now . . to forget about the pain my father caused inside of me and on my face last night. I get up and decide to go to school after all. Fuck the bruises. I need to see Keisha.

I take a quick shower, put on my clothes and walk downstairs. Mom is on the phone. She hears me walk into the kitchen. She turns around and drops the phone. "BABY?!" she picks it up again. "I'll call you right back!" She puts the phone on the table and slowly walks up to me, taking a closer look at my face. 

"Michael what happened?! who gave you all these bruises?!" She takes me in her arms and kisses my cheek. "It's ok, mom . . I'm alright . . I wanna go to school, I'm feeling ok"

"No! look at yourself! your eye is completely black and blue and the bruise on your cheekbone looks horrible! . . so, this is why you didn't want me to turn on the lights in your room this morning??"

"Sorry, mom . . ."

 She sits down and looks at me with tears in her eyes. "Who did this, Michael? when did this happen?? did you get beaten up at school? did this happen at school??"

"No, mom . . it's ok . . I'm ok . . really"

I can't tell mom the truth . . she would be heartbroken if she knew dad did it. She has enough problems in her life already. I much rather get beaten by my father than telling my mom about it . . she'd be crushed . . and lord knows she can't take any more pain . . my sister's death was hard on all of us.