Part 42 ~ Did I Ever Cross Your Mind?

~ Chris's point of view ~ 

Michael seems to be totally smitten with amazement. 

Jordyn really does look hot . . and that means a lot coming from me. After a little small talk with Jordyn I decide to leave Michael and her alone for a while. I'm sure they have tons of stuff to catch up on. 

I take Serena's hand and we make our way to the ice cream shop.

"Uncle Chris, which one are you gonna have?"

"I'll have strawberry and lemon . . my two favorites" I pay for our ice cream and sit down with her in this ice cream café. She's digging in like the world is ending. She's so adorable, I love this little munchkin. 

The waitress comes up to us, smiling at Serena. "Awww . . your little girl is absolutely precious" I chuckle. "She's not my own but thank you" 

"She's not? oh, I'm so sorry . . is there anything I can bring you?"

"We're good, thank you!"

"I see that the little princess could use another napkin, huh?" The waitress says, giggling at Serena. "Yes!" Serena mumbles with her mouth full.

"Naa . . hold on a minute . . what do you say, Serena?"

"Yes, please"

"That's my girl!"

The waitress returns with a couple napkins. "Here you go, little princess" She says, putting the napkins next to Serena's ice cream cup . . then she looks back at me, giving me a shy smile. "Umm . . I'm usually not the type to come up to men like that but you're really cute and I was wondering if I could . . maybe . . have your phone number?"

I smile. "You're really sweet for asking . . . but I'm gay"

"Oh . . what a bummer . . I'm so sorry, I had no idea"

"That's alright" 

She walks away with an embarrassed look on her face. 

"What does gay mean, Uncle Chris?"

"Ummm . . look over there, munchkin! . . Santa came!"

"YAAAAY!!!"

We finish our ice scream and stand in line to see Santa. I don't really like Christmas time . . it's always so hectic. Christmas should be about calmness and serenity . . and yet, it's the total opposite. People are stressing around . . running, finding last minute gifts . . why? . . I don't get it. 

After standing in line for 20 minutes, the munchkin finally gets to sit on Santa's lap. Two minutes later she comes back to me smiling from ear to ear. "That was soooo cool, Uncle Chris!" I take her hand and we slowly make our way back to the restaurant. 

Michael and Jordyn are still sitting there, talking to each other. "Do you wanna go back to daddy or shall we stroll around some more?"

"I wanna go to the toy store, Uncle Chris! can we? . .please??"

"Sure . . go ahead!" She lets go of my hand and runs like the wind. "Don't run too far, ok?"

I walk inside the toy store and right away I notice this cute guy behind the cash register. Damn . . he's cute. I walk passed the cash register and make a left to the girl's toys area. Barbies and ponies everywhere. I think I'm getting a headache from all the pinks and purples.

"Look, Uncle Chris! . . look at this pony, isn't it cute?" She's cuddling up to a huge plush pony which is almost half the size she is. "Cuddle with it, Uncle Chris . . it likes to be cuddled!"