Part 25 ~ Why Are You Still Here?

Ok, hold up . . what the hell? what am I doing in the guest bedroom? . . I don't remember getting up and coming in here! . . I fell asleep in my freakin' bed . . I am sure of that! 

"Where are you going Mike?" Chris asks. I give him a look. "I'm going back to my bed, where the hell do you think I'm going?!"

"You can stay here, I don't mind . . ."

"But I DO mind, ok? . . I don't even know how I got in here! . . what the hell did we do in this bed, Chris?" I ask in all seriousness. Chris laughs. "We had sex" I grab him by his shirt. "What?!"

"I'm kidding! . . nothing happened, relax!"

I let go of him and apologize for grabbing him like that. Then I make my way back to my bedroom. Was I sleepwalking? . . I get back in my bed and fall asleep shortly after. 

The next morning I wake up feeling awfully tired. Looks like I didn't get much sleep after all. I take a shower and get dressed for school. I can hear Chris downstairs talking to my mother. She sounds happy. She's been feeling lonely lately because dad isn't here anymore . . she's such a great mom. I love her for putting me first. 

Even though I miss dad terribly . . and I know she does, too.

I walk downstairs . . mom and Chris look at me. 

"Do you want toast with scrambled eggs, honey?" Mom asks. "No, thank you . . I'm not hungry . . Chris, I think we're late for school" Mom looks at the clock. "You guys have at least 15 minutes to spare, Michael . . no rush . . sit down and eat your breakfast" 

"I can't . . we're late!" I say, grabbing Chris by his shirt. "Bye Mrs. Jackson"

"Bye, you two! have a great day at school!" I lock the door and walk down the doorstep. "Why are you so angry?" Chris asks. I refuse to look at him. "Hello? . . earth to Michael?"

"Shut up . . ok? . . you're totally irritating me, Chris!"

"I'm irritating you?"

"Yes! . . yes, you are! . . I can't stop thinking about yesterday! I can't wrap my head around how I woke up next to you in the guest bedroom! . . you're confusing me, ok?!"

"Dude, relax . . I didn't do anything wrong . . you told me to sleep in your guest bedroom . . so I did . . you coming over and sleeping next to me was all you, dude . . I had nothing to do with it"

"Are you fucking sure?!"

"Hey, I'm positive! . . believe me, I was surprised, too . . . you look cute today, by the way . . I like that shirt on you, Mike"

"Thanks . . . now stop looking at me!"

"Sorry . . ."

We stop at the gas station . . I get myself a bottle of coke. Chris grabs a bottle of sprite, we pay for it and make our way to school. I look over at him. Chris takes a sip from his bottle and wipes his mouth on his sleeve. He notices me looking at him. "You alright?" He asks.

"Yea . . yea, I'm good"

We arrive at school just in time for a little basketball game before school starts. Jordyn is sitting by the ping pong table, reading a book. Enrico, Chris and I start playing. A few minutes into the game Enrico jumps so high, he loses balance and accidentally punches me in my chest with his elbow. I flinch and take a step back. "Ahh, fuck"

Chris come up from behind me, grabbing Enrico by his shirt. "WHAT THE FUCK?! CAN'T YOU BE MORE CAREFUL? you just freakin' punched Michael in his chest!"