41 | R E S U L T S

•••
the tchild has grown,
the dream this gone, 
and I feel comfortably numb.
•••

   "Wake up, butthead!" Ron's voice tore her out of her sleep, a second later a pillow hit her head.

   "Are you fucking kidding me, dickweasle?!", Lynnea groaned, throwing the pillow right back at him.  "What the bloody hell is wrong with you?"

   "The owls brought our letters from Hogwarts", he said, leaning against the doorframe, as his older brother did some days ago. "Mum says you shall get ready for Diagon Alley. You have to get a new wand."

   "What time is it?", Lynnea sighed, pressing the pillow on her face.

   "Half past ten. Oh and the results for our OWL exams came, too."

   She flung the pillow away of her face. "Really, Ronald? Don't I look already depressed enough for you? Did you really have to tell me that?"

   "Oh, wait, it's getting even better", he chuckled. "We'll visit my dumbass brothers' shop today. So who's a happy little butterfly today?"

   "I hate you." She threw another pillow at him, but he ducked away and left the room laughing. Ron was the only one in this whole house who didn't tread Lynnea like a raw egg, and therefore she loved him. She hated the pityful looks Hermione threw her day by day; she hated Harry treating her like she was fragile, threatened to break in any given second. She knew they just wanted to make sure she was okay, but couldn't deny she was pretty pissed by their actions.

   Down in the kitchen were already Harry and Hermione with their OWL results. Hermione looked kinda stressed.

   "She doesn't have an O in every subject, does she?", Lynnea asked Harry and he laughed, telling her, Hermione got an E in Defense Against the Dark Arts.  "I'm slightly disappointed, Mione." But she shot Lynnea a death glare and so she thought it was better for her to shut up. Instead she sat opposite to Harry. "What about you?"

   "Passed everything, except History and Divination", he grinned. "Nobody needs this anyways. Oh, and I got an O in Defense Against the Dark Arts. Top that!"

   He threw his sister her own letter, she cocked an eyebrow at it and opened it slowly. Meanwhile Ron arrived.

   "Don't make it that dramatic", he said, giving her a clap on the back of her head. "Just open the damn letter." And so she did.

Ordinary Wizarding Level Results

Pass Grades:

Outstanding (O)
Exceeds Expectations (E)
Acceptable (A)

Fail Grades:

Poor (P)
Dreadful (D)
Troll (T)

Lynnea Lilian Potter has achieved:

Astronomy P
Care of Magical Creatures E
Charms E
Defense Against the Dark Arts O
Divination A
Herbology E
History of Magic D
Potions O
Transfiguration E

   "How the hell did you pass Divination?", Ron asked, his face turned into a grimace of disbelief.

   "Blimey, I've not the slightest guess", Lynnea said and laughed at Ron's stupid face. "Harry, I got two O's. Gotcha!"

   "Potions?", Harry asked and his face showed also disbelief, but he looked more graceful with that. "But Snape - ?"

   "What can I say? He loves me!"

   "Slytherin ...", mumbled Ron, shaking his head.

   So she had failed Astronomy and History, the two exams she had to catch up straight before the summer break begun. She was okay with that.

•••

   Lynnea only had been in Diagon Alley once before, when she got her wand from Olivander before she had started her first year at Beauxbatons. But when she was up to buy her new wand at Olivander's, too, she got badly disappointed. He was gone.

   "That's sad", Hermione said. "Every kid got their wands from Olivander."

   "Well, Lynnea dear, there is another wand maker down the Alley, he's not like Olivander, but he's okay, I guess", Mrs. Weasley said, giving Lynnea a smile. "How about visiting Fred and George now on our way there?"

   She nodded, feeling the knot in her chest that was a constant ally of hers now grow bigger. She wasn't ready to face Fred again.

   Set against the dull, poster-muffled shop Fronts around them, Fred and Georges' windows hit the eye like a firework display. Casual passersby were looking back over their shoulders at the windows, and a few rather stunned-looking people had actually come to a halt, transfixed. The left-hand window was dazzlingly full of an assortment of goods that revolved, popped, flashed, bounced, and shrieked; her eyes began to water just looking at it. The right-hand window was covered with a gigantic poster, purple like those of the Ministry, but emblazoned with flashing yellow letters:

Why Are You Worrying About You-Know-Who?
You SHOULD Be Worrying About
U-NO-POO -
the Constipation Sensation That's Gripping the Nation!

   Against her own will Lynnea had to laugh. But still she wasn't feeling ready for that. So she ducked away, as she decided to go to the wand maker on her own. The Ministry poster like a constant warning not to do so to both sides in the shop windows. Lynnea threw a last gaze at the twins shop, where Hagrid was the last one to enter, and sneaked around the corner, immediately bumping against someone.

   "Haven't you got eyes in your head, stupid g -", someone snapped at her, but then his voice switched to a softer tone. "Lynnea?"

   "I'm sorry, I - Draco!", Lynnea half-yelled in surprise, as she looked up in the platinum blonde boy's grey eyes. He looked like he didn't sleep in a while, dark shadows lay under his eyes. "You look terrible!"

   "Charming", he replied. "Not talking about you, huh? Haven't seen a mirror these days? What happened to your face?"

   The bruises under her eye had taken an ugly shade of green and were about to fade. "That's nothing, got a little fight, nothing dramatic", she said, waving it off. "What are you doing here all alone?"

   "Could ask you the same", was his answer. "It's not that safe for you here, don't you think? They're looking for you."

   "Yeah, I know", she rolled my eyes. "I got to know your father. Nice man. The mask suits him well."

   Lynnea watched Draco's gaze darken. His eyes narrowed. "You better go now, you shouldn't be seen with me. We're both getting in trouble. We -"

   "I don't care", she retorted and shrugged. "They can have me, if this will make them leave my friends and my brother in peace."

   "Ah, I almost forgot", he chuckled. "Potter. Guess he's a happy little prat now."

   "It's not the best times to be happy these days", she responded.

   "Guess you're right. But happiness is for the fools. Now go, we don't want your pretty face to be even more damaged, if the wrong people will get you in their filthy fingers."

   "Was that a compliment, Malfoy? Are you flirting with me?", Lynnea chuckled sarcastically and he cocked an eyebrow on her.

   "Piss off, Potter", he spat and she laughed, ruffling his hair before she turned around and left him standing in the dark passageway.