11 | S T R U G G L E

•••
kiss me and I'll heal,              
but it won't forget.
•••

   "The way he stares at you is
disgusting."

   "Huh?" Lynnea looked up from her homework, looking at Draco, who was sitting right next to her in the Great Hall. But his eyes were narrowed at the Gryffindor table, and Lynnea didn't have to gaze at it to know, what Draco was talking about.

   "This forsaken bloodtraitor", he muttered through gritted teeth.

   "It might be none of my business", Lynnea snorted, bowing back down over her parchment. "But what do you even care about him? Let him stare, he'll get bored somewhen."

   "I'm pretty aware that you like him staring at you like this", the boy whispered in a sneery voice, finally looking at Lynnea. "I knew it were false hopes high, but nevertheless you are somehow befriended with those filth I still hoped you had some kind of class. So you like the redheaded lowlife, don't you?"

   "I don't", Lynnea replied quietly, surpressing the cold fury in her chest that rose with Malfoy's insults. "He's annoying. A real pain in the arse. But I like the Weasleys, so finally stop talking about them like that!"

   "Maybe you should over think your choice of friends and sort some of them out."

   "Maybe I should start with you?", Lynnea hissed, forcefully setting the last point on her essay, before she rolled it up and handed it Professor Snape, who was passing by just in that moment. Quickly she grabbed her back and left the Great Hall, not without throwing a last gaze at Fred, who's eyes were following her. She blushed and hurdled on, quickly crossing the entrance hall and leaving for the dungeons. But soon enough Draco had caught up to her.

   "See, you will get yourself into trouble, if you don't be careful, Bailey", he went on. "In times like these it's not very wise to befriend with mudbloods, vampires and death eaters."

   "What are you even talking about? I'm not befriended with vampires", Lynnea said, abruptly stopping she threw Draco a look that should clearly tell him that he was talking trash.

   "Didn't Davies told you, she's a bloody half-breed?"

   "No - what? I mean", Lynnea stuttered. "Well, Pansy mentioned something like that on my first day here, but she's a bobshite and I didn't give a damn."

   "Why, you should have", Draco snarled. "Tracey's father is a bloodsucker."

   Lynnea hesitated for a second, not sure if she even could believe Draco. But then she shrugged. "Fine. I don't mind at all. She's a really wonderful person, compared to you foolish arrogant purebloods she's a saint. So why should I care?"

   "When he will strike, he'll not care about people being wonderful, Lynn", Draco said in a low voice. "He won't listen to excuses. It doesn't make a different to him. And I don't want you to put yourself into danger."

   Lynnea blinked at him several times. She didn't have to ask who he was. That was not what she was wondering about. But why on Merlin sake would he even care the tiniest bit what would happen to Lynnea? He was a cold hearted lump of ice, no one did matter to him.

   "Why do you tell me all of these stuff?", she whispered with narrowed eyes. "You chose your side and I chose mine."

   "Oh Lynn, believe me, I didn't choose anything", he muttered, his eyes unreadable and empty, and like that he walked away into the gloomy dungeon corridors, leaving Lynnea's mind racing.

•••

   "He's doing it agahain!", Daphne chirped during dinner, snapping Lynnea out of her mind.

   "Huh?"

   "Weasley."

   Lynnea's eyes flickered immediately over to Fred, just to catch him staring at her. He slightly blushed, but instead of breaking the eye contact, he just winked at her, causing Angelina Johnson, also known as his girlfriend, who was sitting right opposite to Fred, twirl around and narrow her eyes dangerously at Lynnea, before she threw her spoon at Fred.

   "He totally has a thing for you!", Daphne squeaked enthusiastically, a bright beam on her lips.

   "Shhh!", Lynnea shushed her. "Don't scream it through the whole damn hall, god damn it! He's a girlfriend, he's nothing for me."

   "And still he's flirting with you right in front of named girlfriend's eyes", Tracey snorted. "Face it Lynnea, he likes you."

   "Who likes you?"

   Lynnea glared up. Aiden stood right behind her, looking down on her with a curious face, a light smile on his lips, his ocean blue eyes shining brightly, forcing her to drown in them.

   "N-nobody!", she hastily stammered, stumbling over her own words, so her cheeks were set on fire. Tracey and Daphne started giggling and Lynnea threw them a quick shut-the-fuck-up gaze.

   "Wouldn't say that", Aiden chuckled. "See, Lynn, I - uhm -" Now it was Aiden's face growing pinkish. "There's a Hogsmeade weekend in two days, and - well, I don't know if anybody told you, that we're allowed to visit the village every now and then, and I - yeah ... I wanted to ask you, if you want to go with me ... Maybe on a butterbeer or two. You know - as - as a date?" By now his face had taken the color of Lynnea's long curls.

   "Oh - okay", she said without even thinking about the answer at all. Her brain seemed to have given up its job.

   "Okay?"

   "Yeah, okay", she replied, repeating her stupidity, still mechanically, still not aware of what was going on, as she was still complete lost in those deep blue seas of his eyes.

   "That's great!", he nervously laughed. "Then I guess I'll meet you on Saturday at breakfast."

   When he walked away, Lynnea could hear Myles and Adrian wolf whistle, as Aiden sat down next to the. A bit further down the row.

   "Didn't you say you won't go out with him?", Tracey asked, a mischievous smirk on her face, revealing some spiky canines.

   "I - I don't really know what has happened right now", Lynnea breathed, staring at her two friends. And then her gaze floated back to Fred, who was no longer smiling. Instead he had cocked an eyebrow, and looked kind of ... disenchanted? Quickly Lynnea looked back down on her plate, a strange sensation was tingling in her tummy. "I think I haven't thought that through ..." She shrugged, and when she got up, she left the Great Hall without any emotion inside her, which disturbed her most of it all.