Chapter 64 Everyone else's Prom

Chapter 64

Finnick Pov.

I dance with Annie and I look over her shoulder, I notice that Peeta's in trouble. What did he do now? I start laughing.

Annie raises an eyebrow, "What's so funny?"

"Peeta's in trouble." I tell her.

"Again?" I nod, now she's laughing too.

"Did you notice how Katniss took a picture with Cato and Peeta?" I ask.

"Yea, I'm glad I'm only here with you." she tells me.

"Me too." we stop talking and we just keep slow dancing. When they stop the slow music we take a break and sit down with Johanna, Gale, Thresh, and Glimmer. Glimmer's not bad she just gets a little too... I don't know. Annoying it guess.

"Peeta's in trouble again," I tell them.

"Those two break up more than Katy Perry and John Mayer." Glimmer says.

"Yea," Annie agrees. "They just need to end it, or stop ending it."

"Do you think they should be together if they keep breaking up?" Johanna asks.

"I don't know..." Gale says.

"I like them together, but it's really confusing." Annie says.

Peeta walks over to us. "We didn't break up," he sits down. "Even though I'm expecting it any minute."

"What did you do this time?" Thresh asks and I slightly laugh.

"I was teasing Cato, she got defensive in a friend way. I said something I didn't mean to say, and she just walked away. This is the worst prom ever."

"No, we're having a great time!" I brag. "Sorry."

"So you think she's going to dump you?" Johanna asks. Peeta nods. "Well, you do keep messing up."

"Thanks for the support Jojo." he gets up. "I think I'm gonna head out."

"Bye Peeta." we all say.

"Do you guys think Cato and Katniss should be together?" Glimmer asks.

We all shrug.

We go back to enjoying the rest of the night. When prom ends I drive Annie home.

"I had a good time with you." I tell her.

"I had a good time too, thanks for taking me." she smiles.

"Thanks for letting me take you." I hug her and peak through her house window. From what I can see her dad isn't by the window. I kiss her quickly. He opens the door. I think I'm in trouble...

"Have a good time?" he asks.

"Yea, Finnick even decorated his car, look." she tells him.

He sees my car that is covered in neat paint.

"Nice," he says looking at me, I get really nervous. "Annie why don't you come inside?"

"Um, okay." she steps in and then steps out. She hugs me one more time. "Thanks again." she goes inside.

"Thanks for making my daughter happy, Finnick." he thanks me.

"It was my pleasure." I say as formally and respectfully as possible.

"Have a good night." He says.

"You too, sir." I get in my car and drive home.