Chapter 62 Prom

Chapter 62

Katniss Pov.

Prom

Cato picks Peeta and I up in a limo. This is going to be weird, I'm going with both of them. I said it was a group, they're saying I'm their date. Even though they know that they're both going with me. Thresh is going with Glimmer. Finnick and Annie are obviously going together, they've been inseparable lately. Johanna and Gale are still going together. I feel weird that I'm going with two guys and they're both saying I'm their date. It makes me seem like Clove. I only wanted to go with Peeta but I feel bad for Cato and I told him that he could go with us. I put on my red dress that has sparkles and a tulle skirt a the bottom. I put my hair in an up-do and did my makeup. I usually don't like wearing stuff like this but it is prom. I get in the limo with Peeta and Cato. Cato is wearing a suit with a green tie, my favorite color.

"I like your tie Cato," I tell him and he smiles at me. "Green is my favorite color."

"I know," he tells me and I feel weird for bringing it up.

"Katniss, I bought you a corsage," a Peeta tells me, putting the roses around my wrist. Roses. He doesn't know me at all does he? I hate roses.

"I got you one too, Katniss." Cato tells me, putting my favorite kind of flowers on the same wrist. Primrose.

This is so, unbelievably awkward.

"Thanks guys," is all I say. I don't personally think I'm that great that I should have two dates to prom. Honestly, why can't one of them (preferably Cato) get over me?

We get to prom. As we line up to take pictures I get confused. I also get jealous of Annie, and Johanna. Not because I like Gale or Finnick in that way, but because they have one and only one date. I wish I had that. Instead I have two guys having a glare contest over me. When it's time to take our picture, I ask what they want to do.

"Could we each take a picture with you?" Cato asks.

"Is that okay Peeta?" I ask.

"Yea, sure." he says annoyed.

Cato and I take the picture first, he practically holds me. I see Peeta rolling his eyes.

"Next!" the camera guy says. Cato takes our picture after he prints it out.

I stay and Peeta takes a picture with me. We get our picture and I get mine with Cato. So weird. I go on the dance floor with Johanna, Gale, Annie, and Finnick dancing together. I wish I wasn't here with two guys, I keep thinking to myself. I wish I was just here with one. I feel so weird. I stand out, I hate standing out. I like to fade into a crowd, not be under the spotlight. I just dance-not slow dancing. Of course a slow song comes on.

"Wanna dance?" Cato and Peeta ask at the same time as they both rush back over to me.

"Cato, Peeta is my boyfriend, I think I should dance with him." I tell him.

Peeta laughs at Cato. Cato doesn't get sad easily, and he walks out the door.

"What's wrong with you?" I ask Peeta.

"I'm happy that he finally left. He's been ruining this night for me." he tells me.

I can't believe he just said that. "I'm sorry that I ruined your night by trying to be a good friend," I start to walk away and he grabs my arm. "Don't touch me."

"Katniss I didn't mean it like that."

I turn around and ask, "Then why did you say it?" He doesn't answer. "Exactly. Don't worry, I'm not going to go after Cato, even though I should. I'm going home so that I don't keep ruining your night."

I walk out. I see Cato in the halls.

"I'm sorry, Katniss, I shouldn't have been so dramatic." he says. "I got so upset, I didn't brag to him when we were dating. But that's all he does."

I hug him, "don't be sorry, he's wrong."

"Katniss?" he says.

"Yea?" I ask.

"I, um, I l.. I love... I love you." he stutters.

What do I say?