Chapter 28 Mistakes

Chapter 28

Katniss Pov.

The more time I've spent with Cato, the more I've been remembering why I liked him. He's funny, he's strong, he's smart, but he can be sweet, and sensitive, and he gets me in a way that Peeta doesn't. I like Peeta, I really like Cato. Wait, what? I just thought about it in my head, I thought to myself, I like Peeta, I really like Cato. Where did that come from? I knew I liked Peeta when wait when did I know that I liked Peeta? I try to keep thinking. I felt bad for him. I felt guilty that my ex boyfriend beat him up and I knew he liked me. I like Peeta now that I've gotten to know him better, but the reason our relationship started was because I felt sorry for him. It's always been Cato. I drive to the restraunt that I'm meeting Peeta at. Should I break up with him to be with Cato? Would Cato take me back? He still likes me but what if he changes his mind? I'm so confused.

"Hey Katniss." Peeta says.

"Hey so what's up?" I ask.

"Katniss, I don't want to, boss you around, but if we're going to be in this relationship I just want to ask for a favor." he says me.

"Okay, what is that favor?" I ask.

"If we're going to be together, I don't want you to hang out with Cato." he tells me.

"Why do you think you can tell me who I am and am not allowed to hang out with?!" I raise my voice but bring it back down because we are inside. "Peeta I can hang out with whoever I want, I'm not going to be in a relationship with someone who thinks he can boss me around and tell me not to hang out with someone."

"Katniss, don't say what I think you're going to say, I'm just asking this one small thing." he starts.

"No Peeta, I'm not going to let anyone boss me around. I think it's best for me, if I break up with you." I stand up, grab my purse and leave. When I do, I think to myself, 'what did I just do?' I thought I made the right discussion. But now that I don't have him I realize that I love Peeta.