Chapter 41 Home Early

This chapter is dedicated to peacegirl0

Chapter 41

Katniss Pov.

I start crying when he walks away. He's right, I shouldn't have to make a decision. Cato puts his arms around me and pulls me into a hug.

"I'm sorry," he whispers. "I never wanted you to be upset or for something like that to happen to you."

I look up at him, "Can you take me home?" I ask.

"Yea," he says. "I'll walk you to your room, pack up and I'll bring you home. We should get there by night time."

He walks me upstairs and I go in my room, the tears still escaping my eyes.

"Kat," Cash walks over to me and hugs me right away. "What happened?"

"Peeta broke up with me, I realized I was having some feelings for Cato, but to be honest I didn't really want to leave Peeta." I tell her.

"I'm so sorry." she says.

"I'm going home," I tell her.

"Can I go with you?" She asks, "I don't want you to spend the rest of vacation alone."

"I don't want you to miss out on your fun for me." I tell her.

"Kat, you're my best friend, if you were upset and you needed me but I also had a chance to meet a celebrity, I would choose you." she tells me.

"That means a lot Cash."

"I'm going with you." she tells me and we pack.

We go downstairs and Cato drives us home. I'm gonna say hi to Prim and my mom and then stay with Cash. We get there in two hours, it's now five o'clock.

"Thanks for driving me all the way here Cato." I thank him.

"Anything for you, I'm sorry again." he says.

"It's okay, Cato. I'll see you in three days, you're coming back before Christmas Eve right?" I ask.

"Yea, see you then." he says and gets back in the car.

"Bye." Cash and I wave goodbye.

We walk into my house.

"Mom? Prim?" I ask.

"Katniss?" my mom asks and hugs me. "What are you doing home, you're supposed to be back in three days."

"I wanted to leave early, Peeta kind of broke up with me." I leave out some details, my mom always thought Cato was a 'bad influence on me'.

"Honey, I'm so sorry. Cashmere, I haven't seen you in awhile."

"Hi Ms. Everdeen." Cash says.

"Why did you come back?" she asks.

"I wanted to be there for Katniss." she tells my mom.

"Thanks sweetie, I'm sure she needs a friend right now." mom says.

"Where's Prim?" I ask.

"She's at Rue's house." mom tells me.

"Can I stay at Cashmere's?" I ask.

"Yea, just come over in the morning before you go anywhere else." she says.

"Okay, goodnight. bye mom." I say.

"Goodnight sweetie, see you tomorrow." She walks away. I go to Cash's house where I cry more, and she tries to comfort me until I fall asleep.