Chapter 47 Finnick and Annie's Christmas

Chapter 47

Finnick Pov.

Christmas

I remember the first thing I did when I was little on Christmas morning, and I would run into the living room to see the presents under the tree. But this morning, the first thing I do is call Annie.

"Hello?" Annie answers, sleepily.

"Merry Christmas Annie!" I whisper into the phone.

"Merry Christmas Finn." I can almost picture her smile.

"I bought you a present, I want to give it to you. Can you possibly make it over?" I ask.

"Yea, I don't really have plans. We're just going to hang out over here. While my mom makes Christmas dinner I could probably drop by." she tells me.

"Okay, see you then." I say.

"See you then." she hangs up.

The little kid in me runs into the living room and starts observing the presents. I see it. My surfboard. With a green bow wrapped around it. Yessss! I pull it down and stand on it, picturing myself on the waves now. This is awesome! I can't wait to take Annie on this thing during the summer. She wants me to teach her how to surf. This one is perfect because it's a great board and it's perfect for learning too. I bought her the exact same one for Christmas so that we'd be matching. The Surf Couple, catchy. My parents come out. My other gifts are clothes which is fine by me. Annie comes over.

"So, sit on the couch with your eyes closed," I tell her, I go in my room and grab her board with a red bow on it. "Do you remember what you wanted me to teach you this summer?" I ask.

"You did not buy me a-" she opens her eyes, "A surfboard?!" she yells. She jumps up and hugs me. "Thank you!"

"And I have the same one, we're going to match."

"Surf couple." she says.

"That's what I thought too!"

"You're the best, my gift for you isn't as good." she says.

"I'll still love it."

"I kind of got you two things," she takes a box out of her purse. I open it and it's a certificate of authenticity. She bought me a star.

"You bought me a star?" I ask.

"Yea, I remembered one of our dates, we were having a picnic on the beach. You kept pointing out constellations in the stars so I thought I'd buy you one." she explains.

"I love it, I know what I want to call it to." I say.

"What?" she asks.

"The Annie Star." I get a black pen and write the name of the star.

"And I got you this," she hands me another box. I open it and see a sea green wetsuit.

"This is awesome!" I yell happily.

"You like it?" she asks.

"Yea, it goes perfectly with my surfboard and everything. Thanks Annie." she hangs out at my house for awhile and we stand on our boards. I walk her home, and tell her Merry Christmas. Before she goes in the door, I pull a piece of mistletoe out of my pocket.

She laughs as I dangle it above us. "You're too funny."

We're about to have our first kiss and her dad opens the door, awkward.

"Annie, dinner is ready." He says harshly. I feel like I'm in trouble.

"Okay dad. Bye Finn, Merry Christmas." she walks inside and I wave.

"Don't you think it's important to introduce yourself to the girl's father?" he asks.

"Yes, sir, I uh, I apologize. I just want to tell you that your daughter is really amazing-" I say.

He cuts me off, "I know, which is why I need to make sure the person she's dating is amazing enough for her."

"I'm doing everything I can to make her happy." I tell him.

He smiles slightly, "I know, she's very happy and goes on about you."

I smile. "Thank you, sir. She's told me many good things about you also."

"Nice talking to you. Have a Merry Christmas." he tells me.

"Merry Christmas to you to Mr. Cresta." he nods his head and I go back home. I hope Annie's dad likes me...