Chapter 27

-Skipping to Magcon Miami-

I got up that morning feeling less tired than usual, probably because this whole grounded thing gave me a chance to catch up on sleep.

I showered, straightened my hair, did my make up, and got dressed. I wore a pair of black leggings, a black cami, and a cream colored knit cardigan. I put on my Toms and grabbed my bags, putting them in my moms car and she drove me to the airport.

I was really jumpy today. It's my birthday and tonight I have Magcon. At 2:00pm, my EP drops on iTunes. I wanted to know what people thought about it. But alas, it's only 6:00am and I have 8 hours to go. Poop.

____________

I got off the plane and saw Carter and Matt, who were picking me up from the airport.

It's now 12:00pm. Only 2 hours to go.

"Hey" Carter smiled, hugging me. "You look... scared and excited at the same time. You okay?"

"Huh? Oh yeah I'm fine. It's just, my song comes out today and I'm really anxious to know what people think about it."

"Oh yeah I almost forgot, happy birthday my young padawan" Carter laughed.

"Thanks" I smiled, laughing.

"Hey, happy birthday" Matt smiled.

I saw his face and my heart started pounding really fast, and my palms got really sweaty, and it felt like I couldn't breathe.

But my heart keeps telling me the perfect lie
You rip me up with every last goodbye

My lyrics came into my head and I stopped thinking about Matt.

I can't like him. I can't like anyone. My career comes first, and it always has. And it always will.

We hugged and in that moment, I made a promise to myself and to my fans.

I'm not falling in love. I'm not dating. I'm not going to have feelings for anyone. I'm only 17. I have plenty of time. I can't waste it on guys.

I can't.

_______

We got to the hotel and everyone told me happy birthday.

I hugged Shawn and I got butterflies in my stomach.

So heart don't let me trust these butterflies

More lyrics came into my mind.

I hugged everyone else and I was about to hug Cameron when I realized it was 1:59.

"GUYS GUYS GUYS! ITS TIME!"

We all watched the clock pass one minute, and I made a tweet.

@HaileyRenee: GO BUY MY SINGLE 'BUTTERFLIES' ON ITUNES RIGHT NOW!!! :D

Instantly, people were buying the song. I got tweets saying it was amazing and that they loved it.

I saw that the guys bought it too.

I could tell Matt, Shawn, and Cameron all had the same thoughts in their head.

Is the song about me?

____________

I had to get ready for Magcon and Mahogany said she'd help me since I had to look good, performing my brand new song.

Mahogany curled my hair in big, beautiful curls. It looked absolutely amazing!

She also did my make up to match my outfit. She gave me smoky eyes, and highlighted cheekbones, along with all of my other make up.