❁SIXTEEN ❁

Zachs pov

She showed me her phone. Oh. My. God. That's her mom. "Omg Anna I'm so sorry. None of this makes sense. I thought she died of an overdose. And why would your dad want you back." I said trying to hold back tears. "Zach i-i-i don't know. All that is going through my mind is why would he do that to her. She never did anything wrong. She never even got a speeding ticket. I'm so scared Zach. All I want is my mom. But he killed her. So I can't have her."she said sobbing. "Hey. Hey. I'm gonna protect you. Logan's going to protect you. The boys are gonna protect you. You have so many people in your life that will risk theirs. I'm the first one. What he did to your mom was wrong. Very very wrong. That shouldn't happen to anybody. And it isn't going to happen to you because your not going anywhere. We are going to take this to the police tomorrow and get him arrested. Anna I love you more than anything in this world nothing will EVER. Get in the way of that. Ever." I said. I don't let her say anything. I just smash my lips on hers (that makes me cringe) and pull her into the biggest hug. I'm never going to let go.

Annas pov

This is the scariest thing that's happened. My dad killed my mom. That's a 1 in a million chance for that to happen to somebody (not really just go along with it). Why would it happen to me. Why do all the men that were in my life screw things up. Always. My ex was a psycho. He cheated on me 5 times and said I did that to him. He would slam me into the lockers at school of I didn't do what he wanted. He only dated me for my brothers And Jake likes him! And most importantly I keep getting text messages from him saying he's coming after me and Zach. WHY. THATS TWO PEOPLE. 1st my lame excuse for a father. And 2nd my psycho ex who literally will never get over the fact that things were never right between us. Obviously. My life is just a big slap in the face. I haven't told anyone about the text messages. I don't want to. But I have to. Omg. What if Tyler (my ex. Not in real life. Obviously😂 ok continue.) and my dad teamed up. Oh no. That's not good. I need to tell Zach. But I don't want him to be worried more than he is. Ughh! Why is everything so complicated. I need to tell him. But I can't. But I need to but I can't. My conscience would be really helpful right now. Like you know the ones in movies. Does that not actually happen. No? Ok. Great. I'm just gonna tell him. "Zach I need to tell you something. It involves us." I told him. "You're not breaking up with me are you?" he said sitting up. "No. No. No. I'm not." "Okay good. Look I know this is a lot to process right now but I want you to know that we are safe."  "I know." "Whats wrong." he said concerned. Here we go. "Lately I've been getting text messages from my ex. He was saying that he wants me back. That I'm his true love and that our relationship problems were all just one big miss understanding. Which is a lie." He knew that wasn't all so he have me 'the look' to continue. "He said that if I don't take him back he's gonna come for me. In afraid that he's gonna team up with my dad. I'm afraid he's the one who bailed my dad out.  They are both after me. After us. Zach what did I do wrong. What did we do wrong. I'm confused. I'm scared. I don't know what to do." I told him. "Anna I don't know. The police will take care of this. I promise. Nobody is going to take you. Nobody is going to take us." "Ok." I get up and get ready for bed with a smile on my face because Zach makes me so happy. He's so sweet. His smile literally lights up a room. Its the cutest thing. And he's always so positive. That's not a bad thing though. I get into bed and cuddle up next to Zachs chest. He wraps his arms around me.  "I love you Zach." I say. "I love you too babygirl." he replies. I fall asleep with this big smile on my face. Man this kid makes me so happy.

Logan's pov

I'm worried about this whole situation. I know that we won't let anything happen. So I'll try to stay on the positive side. So I lay down trying to think positively. I hear Anna crying. This hard on her I know. I get that. But we will take care of it. I know it.

______________________________

SHORT CHAPTER I KNOW.  This one made me cry. Hopefully these next chapters won't be as bad.👋👋