Chapter Twenty Nine: A Date And Some Voices

(Your POV)

It's been... Six months now since Korra left with Connor and Aquaris. It's been oddly quiet short of the occasional Triad fight. That works for me since I can continue to hunt down that bastard Kasai... But all my 'leads; haven't turned anything worthy up. All I get are rumors or whispers of places he's been spotted but nothing concrete. Asami and me have been keeping up our relationship as she said we would and you know... I'm pretty happy with it. Though I am still paranoid about hurting her with my strength. Right now, I am having a chat with Iroh while he is in the city.

You: "So only more rumors and whispers... That doesn't help." I said sounding frustrated. I need to hunt this bastard down before he tried to accumulate followers to his foolish cause. Iroh, The White Lotus and The Council both agree with this idea but we still can't find anything.

Iroh: "I've had my soldiers keep their ears open for anything Cousin... But we still have nothing." Iroh said sounding just as annoyed as I am. "There's not much I can do about it but I do have an idea." Iroh said. I gestured for him to continue. "Maybe you could get access to the archives that are kept in the city to see if there's a pattern for Red Lotus behavior... Since he was a member..." Iroh said as I caught onto what he was thinking.

You: "I might be able to track his movements... Or at least the movements he's been known for... Who would I ask for permission?" I asked Iroh liking this idea allot. He smiled before saying anything.

Iroh: "All you would need is a majority vote in the council. You already would have Izumi's and Tenzin's... Most likely the new Chief's as well. So, you could get it. A meeting would need to be called though. One of my corprals suggested talking to Zaheer but I doubt he'd give up such information easily." Iroh said looking off in the distance. I have to agree with him on the Zaheer point. I can try though. He then looked back at me. "That's all I can offer though. I wish I had more but traveling as I do doesn't give me time to be a detective." Iroh said with a slight sigh.

You: "Its fine cousin. This idea of yours may be very helpful." I said as I gently patted his back. He smiled a bit before looking over. I see his soldiers re boarding his ship. "Well... It was good to see you cousin." I said to him happily. He nodded and smiled at me. He patted my arm before walking off to join his soldiers. I sighed deeply before heading to the temple. I need to talk with Tenzin before meeting Asami for lunch.

*SMALL TIMESKIP*

(Still Your POV)

I arrive at the temple and head to Tenzin's training grounds where he and the other benders are bound to be. Once I get there I wait patiently for him to finish his speech before walking up to him. He sees me and I gesture for him to follow. He asks Jinora to watch the bender for a moment before following me. I don't take him to far, just to where we can hear one another.

You: "I need access to the archives kept in the city." I told him flatly. He seemed confused and I sighed. "They keep records of the Red Lotus tehre. If I can figure out their patterns of movement I may be able to find Kasai... I need to find him before he gains followers." I said to Tenzin seriously. He nodded in understanding.

Tenzin: "It won't be as simple as that... You know you need a majority vote in the council yes?" Tenzin asked me seriously. I nodded and he hummed for a moment. "Hm... You could easily have my and Izumi's vote weather she comes or not... But The new chief. The President, and Wu's approval may be harder to get... But you don't need all of them." Tenzin said trying to reassure me. I just sighed and shook my head.

You: "I hate compromise if it shouldn't be needed... but I'll talk to the chief this afternoon and see if I can convince him to help. Thanks Tenzin." I said with a small smile. He nodded. "I need to meet Asami for lunch... After that I'll get to work... Is it safe to assume you can get a mettign called?" I asked Tenzin. He nodded confirming he could which made me feel a tad relieved. "Thanks again... I'll see you later." I said before I turned. When I did though Tenzin spoke.