Chapter Thirty: Ballad Of Mona Lisa

(Your POV)

It took a good four months to convince the chief he needs help... he wasn't for it at all since he didn't have anything other than the Triad to deal with. Whom I might mention are nearly destroyed. But... Something disturbing started happening about two months ago and the police aren't getting far in the case. Someone has been killing people. And not in a drive by fashion like the Triad did. No. These are calculated and left up on display. Republic city is dealing with its first serial killer. Whoever this is seems to get a sick joy from nailing the bodies to walls around the city so some poor innocent person or child may find them. Whoever this is does not even cover up the body. I haven't seen the bodies myself but the press has taken to calling this killer 'The Crucifier' since they tie up the bodies. Dumbass press. That's what this killer wants. He or she wants attention from the press... And they're giving it to him. I am currently waiting in the Chief's office. He went to get the case file for me so I can investigate. Since its almost impossible to kill me he figures I'll be safe on this job. Which he isn't wrong about. He re enters his office and drops a file in front of me before sitting down. I grab the file and open it to begin reading as he speaks.

Chief: "That's everything we have on this serial killer. It's not much since The Crucifier covers their tracks well." The Chief says to me seriously. I look up from the file with a slight scowl.

You: "Don't call them that. They want attention and by giving them a title you're giving it to them." I said to the chief in a deadly serious tone. The chief seems confused and I just sigh. I continue reading and man... This person is thirty kinds of messed up. It seems this person is taking these peoples frontal lobes as trophies. Nasty. There are even pictures of the bodies. That's not all this bastard does though. Seems he always breaks the dominant hand, arm, and leg of the person before death. Odd. I look back at the chief. "How many people have they killed? I imagine this hasn't been updated in a week or so." I asked the chief seriously. He placed his elbows on the table.

Chief: "Fifteen.... Almost two a week for the past two months." The chief sad as he ran his hands through his greying hair. "And I have nothing that may lead me to an identity." The chief said shaking his head. He then looked back at me. "That's why I agreed to your help. You can go places my people can't since conventual weapons cannot harm you." The chief said to me sternly. I nodded in agreement while shutting the file. "ASUKA!" The chief shouted. Soon enough a young woman comes into the office and salutes the chief. "At ease. This is (M/n). He's going to work as a consultant detective for me on the 'Crucifier' case. I want you tot ake him to the most recent crime scene and then the morgue for the body. Understood?" The chief asked the girl in a normal leader esc tone. The woman nodded.

Asuka: "Yes sir." The woman said to the chief seriously. The chief nodded and Asuka turned to me. She has long black hair that is done up in a long ponytail. She has a paler skin tone than most. Maybe a forensic person? She has hazel eyes and seems to be wearing a locket of some kind. "Follow me sit. I'll take you directly to the crime scene." Asuka said gesturing to the door. I nod and stand as she leaves the room. I go to follow her and as I get to the door the Chief speaks again.

Chief: "If you manage to find this monster... And they end up dead via blunt force trauma. I don't think we'd find the killer." The chief said to me in a srious tone. I look back at him and he nods. "Something tells me if someone finds this person. That they would need to kill this monster in order to walk away." The chief said to me seriously once more. I stared at him for a moment before nodding. He nodded back and I left the office. I was jst granted a license to kill... Holy crap.

*SMALL TIMESKIP*

(Still Your POV)

Asuka and I arrive at the crime scene and I see a crowd of onlookers and reporters standing behind the crossgaurds. The reporters are taking pictures as one could expect. Asuka told me on the way other here to avoid answering quistions. Asuka flashed her badge to an officer and they ket the both of us pass as the reporters shout questions at us. I ignore them as I am guided to the scene. I take a look around and see a body that's covered by a white sheet. They can't remove it until they complete the crime scene investigation I suppose.