Chapter Three: People Aren't My Forte

(Your POV)

The following morning I awoke and continued my drawing of the temple since everyone was training and I had jack all to do until Asami came to fetch us... Korra convinced me to go to some tournament thing that is taking place tonight... I am not fan but hey. Bolin, Mako, and Korra are in the finals so I'll go.... Anyway, as I continue the sketch I slowly add details to what I can see of the courtyard from where I am sitting. I smile as I hear some birds chirping happily. Short of the occasional horn blast from a ship that's all that can be heard. As I continue my drawing I hear someone approaching me. I look up and see Pema and Jinora smiling at me. I smile back.

You: "Hey." I said happily to Pema as I closed my sketchbook. She smiled at me and seems to have a bag on her.

Pema: "I need to get a few things in town and wanted to know if you wanted to come with us." Pema said happily to me as Jinora smiled as well. I think it over before nodding my head yes.

You: "Sure. Let me put this up and grab some money." I said as I stood up. She nodded her head and I rushed inside to do what I said. Once I did I ran back out and smiled at Pema. "Let me carry the things eh?" I requested her with a smile. She smiled warmly back.

Pema: "Thank you (M/n). I'm sure the baby appreciates it to." Pema said happily as she gently rubbed her stomach. I smiled at her and the three of us headed towards a bison.

Once we got to the Bison I lifted Pema up onto it gently and then did the same to Jinora. I then hopped on and Jinora guided the Bison towards the docks. Once we landed Pema began guiding me and Jinora the stores she needed to visit. I lifted Jinora onto my shoulders much to her joy if her laughing was anything to go by. I let Jinora down after a while at her request. Then heard a woman shout and turned my head. I saw a little girl that looked to be about five run into the street. I see car driving quite fast down the same road and acted. By the time I got to the girl the car was to close so I had to stop it. I grabbed the car's front bumper with both hands and lifted it up. The bastard was still accelerating.

You: "STOP HITTING THE GAS JACK ASS!!!!" I shouted at the driver so they could hear me. Soon I heard the engine stop revving so I set the car down. I glared at the driver and he shrunk away in fear. I turn to check on the little girl and see her looking at me in awe. I smile at her and offer my hand. She gently takes it and I guide her back to her mom. I then let go of her hand and her mom crouches down and hugs her tightly. Her mom then looks at me with thankful eyes that are full of tears.

Lady: "Thank you." She whispered to me as she kissed the top of her kid's head. I just smiled warmly and shrugged. When I turned around I see a crowd of people have gathered around me. Some look at me like I'm a hero... many are looking at me like I'm a freak. A look I've gotten used to. I just thinned my lip and waited for one of the people to say something.

Crowd 1: "What are you?" One of them asked in fear. I looked at them and was about to respond but as cut off.

Crowd 2: "He saved that little girl. He's a hero." One of the crowd exclaimed happily. The crowd started to ramble a bit... Here it comes man.

Crowd 1: "Hero!?" One of the crowd yelled. "Is he even human!?" They shout asked once more. I sigh deeply at them. "No human should be able to do what he just did!!" That person yelled once more.

You: "No, no human should be able to do that. But judging by how many of the on lookers that were just ready to watch that little girl get hit I think I made the right choice." Some of the crowd glared at me. Might as well push their buttons if this is going to end the same way as before. "I mean look. You all were just jumping in to save that little girl. Man, I've never seen so many wonderful people." I said making the sarcasm very well known in my voice. Now many of them look pissed off. I pushed several buttons right there.