Chapter Thirteen: Learning More About Them Boys

(Your POV)

At Zuko's request I sat down next to my grandmother. She gives me a look of sorrow as Zuko pulled out some papers. He handed them to me and I began reading them... Kasai... There's a bastard's name I haven't heard since I was a kid. That bastard of a 'father.' I grip the pages a bit tighter and look at Zuko.

You: "Why bring this bastard's name up again? He should be forgotten if not killed for what he's done." I said to Zuko more sternly than I thought I ever would to someone I consider a hero. Zuko kept calm and just told me to keep reading. I sighed and did so. As I read I saw why he wanted me to read this. He... He escaped. "He cannot know this monster is free... He'll... He'll lose it." I said with wide eyes as I looked at Zuko. Zuko nodded in agreement.

Zuko: "Yes... Thus is why in my letter I asked for another, citing Korra's training as an excuse... Lee tells me you're pretty responsible and can be trusted... If it comes up at least someone will be able to keep that kind of anger from manifesting." Zuko said to me calmly. I nod I to confirm and look at Kasai's photo. He's scared on his face likely from Zuko and has... One Hazel and black hair. I sneer at the photo once more before handing it back to Zuko. He takes it and Iroh takes It from him before walking off.

You: "Not the way I thought I'd meet my hero... Being told by him that a monster escaped his prison. Should I inform the others when I get back? Short of the obvious of course." I asked Zuko with a frown. He thought for a moment and nodded.

Zuko: "Tell Tenzin and Lin Beifong... No one else." Zuko told me sternly. I nodded sternly in turn and I see his eyes soften ever so slightly. "I'm sorry about this but you have my thanks... You know me... Lee here tells me you saw me as a hero of sorts." Zuko said in a far more relaxed one. I rubbed the back of my head with a nervous smile. "This is my daughter and the current fire lord Izumi." Zuko said gesturing to the younger woman sitting next to him. I looked at her with a gentle smile and shook her hand.

You: "Pleasure." I said to Izumi kindly. Izumi smiled a bit before I turned my attention back to Zuko. "I saw you as my hero because... Well... Multiple reasons... My father left my mother before I was born thus I never had his love." I said to Zuko a bit more seriously. Zuko nodded in understanding. "I also... Have power that must keep in check." I said chuckling slightly. Zuko gives me an almost knowing look and I again begin to get nervous.

Zuko: "You mean your... Strength." Zuko said to me kindly. I give him a flat look before looking at my grandma whom is giggling a bit. I look back at Zuko and shake my head in slight annoyance which actually got him to chuckle ever so slightly. "Lee has never been good at keeping secrets." Zuko said smiling ever so slightly.

You: "Really? I couldn't tell." I said sarcastically as I looked at my grandma. She simply game in an innocent smile and I chuckled a bit. I then looked back at Zuko. "Alright. What questions do you have for me?" I asked as my normal happy smile finally returned. Zuko simply shook his head.

Zuko: "None. I heard what happened to you before she and Connor came here. Very noble of you." Zuko complimented me kindly. I chuckled a bit and smiled.

You: "It's what I do. The whole 'wandering hero' motif fit me well." I said laughing a tad. Zuko merely smiled and Izumi smiled as well. "I did recently... Have to hold up one of those big Ferris wheels for a few minutes." I said as I scratched my arm thinking about how tired they were at that time. I feel someone slap my arm and I look to see my grandma giving me a stern look.

Grandma: "You could have gotten killed!" She exclaimed loudly. I look away a bit sheepishly.

You: "It was either me hold that damned thing up or... Allot of people dying..." I said looking away from grandma. I heard her breathe in and out deeply before I looked back at her. She nodded her head in understanding and I hug her gently. "Sorry grandma but I couldn't just stand by." I said to her gently. She sighed a bit and hugged me back briefly before I pulled away.