Chapter Twenty Four: Sucky Family Values.

(Your POV)

We're leaving for Ba Sing Se tomorrow. We need to free those air benders that have been captured by that bitch of a queen. So, as a result everyone is relaxing while they can. Connor and Korra are out in town, though they should be back pretty soon. Bolin is spending as much time with Opal as he can today. Mako and Aqauris are having a stay in to talk with some of Opal's brothers. Me and Asami though are right back where I was a few days ago, with the easel. I'm just putting some finishing touches on my landscape before I have to leave and Asami is right by me continuing her lessons. It's still strange to think we're dating. Even if we're not like boyfriend and girlfriend. Lin found out about it and asked if Asami was just pulling my leg. Asami simply explained that, though she did love teasing me when she found the chance, especially since it's hard to get me flustered, she just wanted to start off slow because of what had happened before. Lin didn't seem to care all that much though. I think she was just asking to be polite... And to possibly try and get me to not be so upset at her. Opal has told me Lin hasn't spoken to her yet so I am still pissed off. I am having Asami try and make a simple brock look like it has depth on the paper. She's getting closer to what I am wanting from her. She's a fast learner I'll give her that. Not that I should've expected less from someone who built a motorcycle from scratch I guess. I am currently slowly doing the last of the river's finer details. I look over at Asami's work for a moment and see she's right on point now.

You: "Looking good Asami. Its damn near perfect." I said smiling at her work. She looks at me smiling a bit proud like. "Now. Do it a hundred more times." I said a bit jokingly. Asami looks at me a bit shocked and I start laughing a bit. "I'm not serious but that's how it is. When you made your first perfect car, how many times after that did you have to do it? It's the same thing." I said chuckling to myself as Asami breathed in relief. "Now, I do want you to try it from a different prospective if you don't mind." I said smiling kindly. Asami nodded and began doing that as I continued work on art. I then started thinking as I finished off the last piece of my picture. "You know this is kind of like a date." I stated a bit absent mindedly as I worked. "Nice venue, quality tie together, you're even sitting right next to me as we silently enjoy ourselves." I said smiling as I continued. I heard Asami stifle a small laugh at the idea.

Asami: "Who said I was enjoying this?" Asami asked me a bit flatly. I gain a look of concern and look at her only to be met with a cheeky smile. I give her an over exacerbated unamused look which makes her giggle. "That was far too easy big guy." Asami said giggling. I roll my eyes at her teasing but I'll admit. Yes, yes it was way too easy to goad me. She's the only one that can do that for some reason. "I have to agree... It is nice." Asami said with a happy sigh. I give her a wide stupid toothy grin and she giggles again before looking back at her pad. "When am, I going to try shadows?" Asami asked me curiously as she began to create her lines.

You: "We'll need a controlled environment for that. Here you'd do the shadows, look away for a couple of minutes and when you look back the shadows have moved with the sun just enough to throw you off. We'll need lamps for that." I explained happily as I put the finishing touches on my drawing. I smile and spend a few minutes looking it over for mistakes or things to improve and when I find them I do just that. "And done." I said happily as I leaned back. I place my utensils down and admire my work. I feel Asami shift a bit in her spot next to me. I hear her sigh a tad.

Asami: "It's wonderful. How long did it take for you to get this far?" Asami asked as she looked my drawing over. I looked at her and that look of happiness as she looked at it made my heart bit a tad faster. The way her hair reflects the light makes her look... Gorgeous. "With your skill, I mean. It must have taken years." Asami said as she looked at me. Luckily I kept my composure as I admired how she looked.