Chapter Twenty Seven: Nothing Beside Remains.

(Your POV)

We are currently approaching the area where the Red Lotus will be holding Korra. We can assume Zaheer would have told the others in their little bastard group to stop us at all costs. It won't help them. Nothing can help them now. I am currently getting myself ready. Many people that fight hand to hand would use boxing tape to protect their knuckles. I don't need it but I have asked Asami if she wanted some. She agreed and I am currently in my room on the ship looking at myself in the mirror. I decide to remove my now destroyed shirt and just stand there in my jacket. Soon enough I hear the door open and see Asami enter the room from my mirror.

Asami: "I don't think I've ever seen you look so serious since I met you." Asami commented as she approached me. I say nothing in response but I do reach for the tape. I undo it and gesture to her hands. She sits down and I kneel in front of her to begin wrapping her hands gently. "You okay?" Asami asked me with concern. I sigh deeply.

You: "No... No I'm not... They're going to try and kill Korra in her avatar state to end the cycle permanently... So not really." I said a bit flatly as I continued to gently wrap her hands up. Asami says nothing but I do feel her run her fingers through my hair as I continue. "Not only that... I need to make sure Connor doesn't kill his father... As much as I think that man deserves to be punished, Connor cannot be the one to kill him and neither can it be Aquaris." I said flatly as I finished oen hand. She gave me her other and I continued. "If Kasai must die it needs to be anyone else but those two." I finished as I began working on her other hnd.

Asami: "Hopefully no one has to die but... What do you mean? Would it matter who killed him if it was needed?" Asami asked me sounding a tad confused. I hesitate answering but... I know she may understand. I breath out and look up at her.

You: "Connor, despite what he says, wants vengeance for the death of his mother. I will not let him walk that dark path... You know where it leads." I said seriously to Asami. She nodded with a frown knowing I am speaking of her father. "Aquaris would do it out of spite since she had to live through years of untold abuse at the hands of her mother. That could turn her into a cruel person and I can't let that happen... I however, could give a damn about the man. As far as I know he just donated the parts needed to make me. Otherwise he's just an enemy of mine. Nothing more." I said seriously but in a honest tone of voice. "Anyone but those two would be the same... The unfortunate thing is out of everyone here only one person could match Kasai... And that's..." I don't get to finish as Asami cuts me off.

Asami: "Connor." Asami finished for me as I finish wrapping her other hand. I sigh and nod my head. "One of us we'll just have to pull him back." Asami said to me to try and reassure me. I just sigh again as I stand up. She does the same and hugs me gently. "It'll be fine. We'll get Korra out." Asami said to me gently to try to once again reassure me. I nod my head as she pulls away. "Now come on. We're getting close." Asami said to me. I nodded once again and we both left the room. We headed to the main area where the others are waiting. They turned to look at us... Well most of them short of Connor and Tonraq who seem solely focused on the goal.

Sue: "We have a plan we will need to split up for... Connor, Tonraq, and Aquaris will be luring Kasai away from the main battle so (M/n) has zero risk of injury." Sue explained to me and Asami seriously. I nodded and Sue continued. "Lin, Mako, and Bolin will head into the caverns to take care of Ming and free the benders... Then (M/n) will follow them to find Korra deeper within." Sue explained seriously. I wanted to protest but she held her hand up. "I need help with P'li... I'm willing to bet she and Kasai are waiting outside the caverns." Sue explained to me calmly. I nodded my head.

You: "I am immune to explosions thankfully. Anything else we should know?" I asked Sue keeping my serious tone. Her eyes seemed to darken slightly as she looked to Lin. Lin nodded confirming whatever the hell they are thinking about then Lin looks back at me.