Chapter Six: Ah Crap

(Your POV)

The following morning I woke up and showered first thing since I didn't get the chance to last night. After I am feeling refreshed I get dressed and head to the kitchen for breakfast. Only Pema and the kids are there right now telling me no one else is awake yet. I smile at Pema and she gestures for me to sit down. I sit next to Jinora and smile at her. She smiles back.

You: "Morning." I said to the kids happily. They each smiled happily back at me. They each said the same back to me and I turned to Pema. "You sure you don't need help?" I ask Pema kindly. She looks at me and shakes her head in a no fashion.

Pema: "No (M/n). I appreciate it but I can handle breakfast... Since you insist on doing everything else." Pema said smiling at me in a kind tone. I just shrug to her.

You: "Like I said. It's not a big deal." I said to Pema happily. She smiled once more before returning to what she was doing. I then hear some footsteps and turn to see Connor and Asami walking in. They sit on either side of me. "Morning guys." I said sounding quite happy. Connor smiles a bit and nods to me. I then turn and look at Asami. He hair is somehow still straight. "How in the world is your hair still that straight just after you woke up?" I ask in slight amazement. Sure, some strands are out of place and it is slightly shuffled but man. It's pretty damned straight.

Asami: "My hair is secretly alive and obeys my every single command." Asami answered jokingly to me with a slight smirk. That got me and the kids to laugh a decent bit and that made her smile. "Honestly I have no idea." Asami said to me shaking her head. I just shrug to her.

You: "Pretty useful though." I said happily. She nodded in agreement as we heard more people begin piling into the kitchen. I see Tenzin and Lin for some odd reason. Soon Bolin comes in and then Mako. I send him a slight look and he avoids my gaze. Then I look to see Korra come in smiling like always. "Morning sleeping beauty." I said to Korra teasingly. She rolled her eyes playfully and smiled at me. I hear Connor stand to greet her but to mu eternal delight and Connor's surprise she hugs him. He goes stiff for a moment before hugging her back.

Connor: "What's this for?"" Connor asked Korra sounding happy. Korra let go and I see her smiling at Connor happily. Connor returns the said smile once he sees it.

Korra: "Mako told me you were the one that found me and came up with the plan to save me... Thanks for that." Korra said sounding very thankful as she patted Connor's arm lightly. Connor simply smiles and waves her off. That's so like Connor... Risks his life to save someone and treats it like its normal... It is not normal by the way.

Connor: "Please... You know what they say. 'If you can't count on a friend to break you out of a gang's hide out, what kind of friend are they?'" Connor asked jokingly which got everyone including me to laugh. "Seriously though. I was happy to do it... Though I wish you could've seen Asami and (M/n) here work. They kicked some butt." Connor said gesturing to us happily. I simply smile and Korra smiles back though Asami just waves her off. "(M/n) beat a man with another man." Connor said flatly. Korra jerked her head back to me before many people burst out laughing. I can even hear Lin chuckling at the aspect.

Lin: "That explains why that one member had a dislocated shoulder." Lin said chuckling slightly. I knew I did that! I simply shrug smiling innocently at her as If I did nothing wrong... In my opinion that last bit is true.

You: "He should've had tougher shoulders then." I said jokingly and that got another round of laughter from a few people. I see Pema shaking her head at me as Tenzin gives me an 'are you serious' look. I simply shrug at him and he shakes his head at me.

Korra: "Still... Beating a man with another man... That's new." Korra said as she caught her breath after she stopped laughing. I simply chuckled at her response.