Chapter Five: I Hate It When I'm Right

(Your POV)

Not a bad two weeks. Connor adjusted to life here quickly which, considering how calm he is about everything, is not shocking. He was often seen going into town though no one knew why... I did know why though and every time I think of why it makes me smile. It's not a girlfriend or anything to that nature but he's just helping people in small ways. Feeding a stray dog, helping an old woman home, you know good things like that. I have been helping Pema keep the place clean. I have pretty much taken over her duties short of cooking because I want her to chill. She is close to the end of her pregnancy after all. I just finished sweeping which should be the last thing I must do until after dinner today. I put the broom away and head back to the main room where Pema is relaxing with that book I bought. I finished it last week and... That ending was sick.

You: "Nice book, right?" I asked Pema happily. She hums in response with a nod as she continues reading. "Is there any laundry that needs to be done?" I asked Pema kindly once more. She stops reading and thinks for a second before shaking her head no.

Pema: "No... I think you've pretty much done everything for me today. Thank you (M/n) it's really sweet of you." Pema says to me smiling happily. I just give a close eyed smile for a moment.

You: "Please. It's the least I could do." I said to her happily. She smiled more. "I'm going to go into the city. Need anything?" I ask Pema happily. She shakes her head no and I smile more. "Okay. I'll be back by three... Unless I get caught up in something." I said cheekily which got a smile from her.

Pema: "Be safe (M/n)." Pema said happily. I nodded my head to her and walked towards the small docks on the island. Little did Pema know that I intended to 'talk' to some people who wear stupid ass masks.

*SMALL TIMESKIP*

(Still Your POV)

After arriving in the city I decide to head to a certain warehouse that the Equalists are known to use. As I am walking I did receive a few glances. Some were hateful but most were smiles. It seems that Connor may have been onto something. Soon I arrive at the warehouse. It's pretty run down if the rusted metal panels were anything to go by. They seemed to be colored white but that mostly hidden under the brownish orange of the rust. The rust gives off some particles as the sea wind blows through the city. The doors are simply lying on the road in front of the said building and most of the windows are cracked save for the one on the back right. Not being one for stealth I simply head towards the front. But, when I hear some voices I put my back to the wall and peak around the corner. I see two men with their backs turned to me speaking. I can't hear them so I, as quiet as my large ass will allow, get behind a crate. Luckily they didn't notice me and I can now hear them.

(???): "Tell your employer Amon greatly appreciates this donation and he will be rewarded." The man on the right said in a stern tone.

(???): "I will... He is curious when he well be needed however." The man on the left said to the other. I heard some ruffling. I peek over and see the man on the right hand the other man a piece of paper. "Alright... I'll deliver this immediately." The man on the left says before turning around. I watch as he walks out of the building.

I take that as my que to stand and walk up behind the other guy. He turns and sees me smiling at him. He tries to hit me with his glove but I simply catch his arm and lift him off the ground. I can see his eyes go wide behind his mask as I weakly throw him into a pile of old rotten crates. They break easily when he makes impact. He comes out of the woodpile covered in what looks like long rotten fruit. Just as he wipes himself off I grab his glove and rip it off his hand. I crush it with my hand and toss it to the side. I then grab his collar and slam him into a wall that is out of the way of potential onlookers.