Chapter Ten: Artists' Ally And A Fool

(Your POV)

I awoke a bit later than intended. I woke up only an hour later than normal but still. Tonraq worked my ass off yesterday. It felt good to be able to use my strength to build something up instead of destroying something with my strength. I stretch and start getting dressed since I want to be at the festival for most of the day if I can be. Once I am dressed I head out of the room and see Asami is already dressed and waiting for me. I cough and she looks at me. She smiles a tad as she stands while I rub the back of my head.

You: "Sorry... Tonraq was sure to use my strength as much as he could yesterday." I said as I scratched my neck sheepishly. Asami giggles slightly at me and I roll my eyes playfully. I then gesture to the door smiling like an idiot. "Shall we?" I said in a mock accent of some kind... I don't even know where I got it yet I, and everyone somehow knows it... Where on earth. Never mind.

Asami: "I don't know... maybe I should sleep in more." Asami teased me with her trade mark smirk. I dropped my arms to my sides and gave her a blank look. She simply giggled at me once more before nodding. "Let's go big guy." Asami said happily. I sighed and nodded my head as my smile returned once more. I held the door open for her. "What a gentleman." Asami said teasingly. I pretend to go to close the door on her in response. She flinched and I started laughing as she sighed in annoyance before leaving the house.

We walked towards the festival and I can already hear the wonderful music and smell the food from hear. Me and Asami both take a big whiff and look at each other. We nod in silent agreement that we should get some food first thing. Soon we arrive at the festival and it is what I was hoping for. There are several people walking about smiling, laughing, and having a good time. The Ferris Wheel is turning as I hear people shout from the top. I chuckle at that antic. There are even dancers and I hear several music players playing happy sounding music. I can see one of the players and I see several kids dancing around having a ball. That makes me smile. Kids being kids. I feel somone tap my shoulder and I look to see Asami pointing. I see a food stand and see Connor, the kids, and Rohan, who is in Connor's arms as Connor feeds him. I chuckle at that and me and Asami make our way over. Connor looks up and waves at us. The kids do the same and the two of us sit down with him.

You: "Got your hands full Cousin?" I asked smirking. Connor chuckled shaking his head at my terrible joke... Yeah I'm self-aware that some of my jokes should get me thrown off a cliff... Not that, that would hurt all that much.

Connor: "Yeah... Not that I mind..." Connor said as he trailed off at the end. I questioned why but I soon felt someone climbing to my shoulders. This said someone sits down giggling at his actions. Connor goes to say something but I stop him.

You: "No its fine... I imagine this is what a Bison feels like when a small bird sits on his back." I said chuckling. Connor chuckles at that while Asami giggles. Ikki and Jinora begin laughing after they look at Meelo. I glance at him and see his face is all scrunched up. "Hey! I could have said pigeon." I said with a teasing smirk. The kids laughed louder at that and Meelo rolled his eyes at me but does not get down.

Asami: "Nice new hat... And here I thought I was fashionable." Asami said to me in a teasing tone. I chuckle as Meelo laughs. "It even talks! Incredible!" Asami says faking excitement. That got me laughing along with everyone else. After we calmed down a waitress walked up and was about to speak but noticed Meelo first.

You: "Don't like my new scarf?" I asked jokingly. "Tch... So, unfashionable." I said jokingly. That got the waitress to giggle which makes me smile wide. The waitress proceeds to take our orders and walks away to get our drinks... That won't be frozen for some reason despite the fact I can guarantee if I decided to spit it would freeze before it hit the ground... A bit of an exaggeration but it feels true on my face... At least my chest is nice and warm. When the food came and everyone began eating, after I got Meelo off me, I decided to chat with Asami. "So... Any ideas on what we should do?" I asked Asami kindly. She thought for a moment before shrugging with a smile.