Chapter 32. Guitara.

Chapter 32. Guitara.

Miguel Josef Uy Monteverde was enjoying himself, really. He found Ellie’s cousin amusing, pati na din si Andrew. Malapit na siyang maniwala na dumadaloy talaga sa dugo nila Ellie ang pagiging masiyahin. They’re very heart warming people who could easily make anyone feel comfortable around them. Parang hindi uso sa kanila yung salitangOP (out of place).

Sana meron din siyang pamilya na kagaya nito... 

Hindi na nga din namalayan ni Sef na tumatakbo yung oras. It was already getting dark.

Sef stood by the door, pinanunuod niya si Ellie at Andrew na nagtatawanan sa may veranda. Naglabas na nga ng guitara si Andrew ee. Nagtutugtugan silang dalawa dun.

His eyes were glued on her. Pinagmamasdan niya lahat ng ginagawa ng dalaga. He noticed all the littlest details about her. The way her short, spiky hair slightly danced with the air as it blew softly against her. Or the way her fingers were snapping as she moved her head in the rhythm of the song. Or the way her black dress looked perfect on her. Or the way she smiles that seemed to be so contagious.

God, how could this be possible?

It took him too much effort to tear his gaze from her. This couldn’t be happening. No way in hell that he would feel something for this girl... she’s just his CLOWN to begin with. Gezuz, just a CLOWN. He was bored out of his mind and she just happened to amuse him. That’s all. Yeah. TRIP-TRIP lang toh. Just one big JOKE for him. Dapat nga ata sa susunod siputin na niya yung hinu-hook sakanya nila Jerry.

He sighed deeply. He shouldn’t have said YES nung niyaya siya ni Karla. But then... alam niyang, gusto niyang pumunta sa Christmas Party na yun – knowing that he doesn’t have anyone to spend Christmas with.

“Oh,” Andrew was already standing before him. He tapped Sef on the shoulder as though ushering him to step out.“Samahan mo muna si Ellie dun. I’ll just tuck Irish in. She needs to sleep.” Andrew was smiling meaningfully. “Hon!”He then called for Karla and he then disappeared up the stairs.

Sef Monteverde hesitantly walked up to Ellie, who was strumming aimlessly at the guitar.

“Clown, hindi ganyan manira ng guitara.” He said with a smirk.

She looked up at him and gave a hearty laugh. “Ee kasi, nangangarap lang ako. Kanwari marunong ako tumugtog. Haha.”

He raised a brow. “You don’t know how to play?”

“Oo na. Sige na. Ako na ang hindi marunong.” She said sarcastically. Para tuloy siyang bata that he couldn’t help but smile. “Ang tagal ko na ngang nagpapabili kay papa ee. Balak ko kasi magpaturo kay Max.”

“Yan lang, hindi mo pa kayang aralin mag-isa?” He asked sounding irritable.

She frowned at him. “Aba, hintayin mo pag ako natuto...”

He scoffed standing up right behind her. Pumunta ang binata sa likod ni Ellie and bent low, placing his hands on top of hers, positioning her fingers on the right chords. She gasped in surprise. She wasn’t ready with their sudden contact. Imbis na tignan niya yung mga daliri niya, she was actually staring at him. His face has never been this close. Delikado toh. Baka marinig na ni Sef ang napaka lakas na tibok ng puso niya!!!

Sa may second floor ng bahay naka dungaw sila Karla at Andrew sa baba.

“Ang haba ng hair ng pinsan ko!!” Karla said, kilig na kilig.

“Sayang lang...” Andrew said wrapping his arms around his wife’s waist. “Parehong ayaw umamin.”

“Kaw talaga ee ganyan din naman tayo nun ee.”

------------------------------------------

Eleonor Malicsi Dimaculangan

“There. That’s a G then you place your fingers here then you’ll have an A minor.” He said sa mismong tenga ko. DIOS KO PO!!! Ganito niyo po ba ko talaga kamahal?? WAAAAHAHAHAAIIII... Ang saya-saya palang mag-aral mag-guitara ano?? Siguro kung si Sef professor ko sa Accounting matagal ko ng na-uno yun!! Nyahahaha.

HOY Ellie, magtino ka nga!! Wag mo naman masyadong ipahalatang kinikilig ka!!

“Ano bang kanta tong tinuturo mo?” I asked in the most normal way I could muster. But it was hard to remove the smile that was tugging in my lips.

“Basta!” He then lightly rested his left arm around my shoulder as he strummed the strings. “Oh ayan. After niyan, B naman.” Hinawakan niya ulit ang mga daliri ko ang replaced them. “Then do the A minor again.”

“Aaaah.” I said, napupunta na yung focus ko sa mga tinuturo niya. “Okay.” I did exactly what he just taught.

“Aba.” He said looking quite impressed. “Madali ka palang matuto.”

I smiled at him. “Ikaw ee, wala kang bilib saken.”

“Sige nga. Play mo yang chords na tinuro ko sayo, twice.”

“Tss. Yun lang?” Yabang ko!! Haha. Maliin ko kaya? Para hawakan ulit ni Sef kamay ko? Hahaha.

Okay. Magfofocus na nga ako!! 

As I started playing... Sef sang the words right through my ear. Every word seemed like a soft lullaby that warmed my heart.  Lift your head. Baby dont be scared. Of the things that could go wrong along the way. Youll get by with a smile. You cant win at everything but you can try.  Every strum was like the beating of my own heart. I shifted my head to face him, and to my own surprise he was looking at me intently – a strange glow in his jet black eyes.

Napatayo agad ako. Ako si Eleonor Malicisi Dimaculangan. And to feel something like this? Was the last thing I have in mind... Duwag na kung duwag... pero HINDI talaga pwede toh!! This guy? This guy right here could make me feel emotions I was never aware I have. And I HATE HIM FOR IT!!

I placed the guitar on the small veranda table and decided to go inside the house without a word. 

---------------------------------------------

But then again... Ellie was wrong to think that everything will just end right there.

“Clown.” Sef muttered flatly as he reached for her hand before she could completely leave. His face was serious and not a hint of mockery as he gazed deeply in her eyes. ”If I kiss you right now, magagalit ka ba saken?”

The way her eyes widened in shock was just priceless. Lalo na nung biglang namula ang muka ni Eleonor Malicsi Dimaculangan. 

Her lips slightly parted as though to protest but Sef didn’t wait for an answer for he was already inching in. As in... isang segundo na lang... just one more inch closer and a kiss would be possible... but then...

*Kring*

It was Andrew’s phone na naiwan niya sa lamesa which successfully RUINED everything.