Chapter 29: His Voice

Zafiers's POV

I'm currently in my condo, too lazy to get out from bed. I feel like my energy is drained even if I just woke up.

Kelan ba ako huling nakatulog nang maayos? Gabi-gabi akong binabangungot. I would wake uo in the middle of the night, panting and drenched in sweat dahil sa mga panaginip ko.

I dreamt about the same scene over and over again. Kung paano humarang si Sky at sinalo ang bala na dapat sa akin. Ang pinagkaibahan lang, in my dream she was truly dead. Bleeding excessively and dying in my arms.  

It's always the same fucking nightmare. Madalas ay hindi na talaga ako natutulog in hopes of avoiding that nightmare. I was getting worse with each passing day.

I checked my phone at bumungad sa akin ang mukha ni Sky. It made me smile and miss her more.

I think I'm going to ditch school again. I've been doing this for a while now. Skipping school and just staying with Sky at the hospital. Tita Krystal even had to force me to go to my classes instead of being with Sky the whole day.

I can't help it alright. Kahit pumasok ako ay yung utak ko ay na kay Sky pa rin.

I groaned before getting up from my bed and took a shower. Pagkalabas ko ay kumuha na ako ng damit na masusuot. I just put on some black turtle neck and some jeans and shoes before grabbing my keys and heading out. Medyo malamig na rin kasi ang panahon at parang nagbubuga ng yelo sa lamig ang mga aircon.

I arrived at the hospital and the nurses and doctors probably knew me since I've been here for almost a month. Kinikilig 'daw' sila dahil sa amin.

They seem to admire how persistent I am with Sky, but I don't think they should fucking romanticize my pain.

Dumiretso ako sa kwarto ni Sky. Ako lang yung tao. I stared at Sky, she looks so lifeless that it pains me. Waves of emotions came rushing through me as I approached her.

I noticed her guitar that I brought the other day. Hindi ko pa rin pala naibabalik sa kanya yon. It's funny how I kept using that guitar to blackmail Sky. That guitar is really precious to her.

Paano ko ba masasabi sa kanya na kaya ko lang naman kinuha ang gitara niya ay dahil naduduwag pa akong umamin noon ans I just wanted an excuse so I could spend some time with her.

Hinawakan ko ang kamay ni Sky while I was staring at her with such longing and desperation in my eyes. 

"Arkhi one month is almost over, wake up already" I said as if she was going to reply. Desperado na talaga akong magising siya. That mysterious doctor seemed to be right na mas bumilis ang proseso, but I'm starting to worry kung aabot ba talaga ito.

Umupo ako sa tabi niya while I was rubbing her hand.

"Remember what you said at prom? That you're very close in fulfilling my order? You haven't done that so please wake up. I'm fucking begging you" I muttered trying to prevent myself from crying. Nararamdam ko ang paghapdi ng mata ko pero sinikap kong kalmahin ang sarili ko.

I needed to be strong for her kahit ang tanging gusto ko na lang gawin ay lumuhod at magmakaawang gumising na siya.

Nakakagago talaga. I've been such a cry baby ever since this happened.

Napabuntong hininga na lang ako at kinuha ang gitara ni Sky. I've already mention na siya lang ang unang nakarinig ng boses ko. She's the only person I'm willing to sing for.

I let my fingers do their own thing and seconds later I started hearing a familiar tune of a song. It's a special song for me. It reminds me of Sky. Ito rin yung kanta nung sumayaw kami sa prom.