Epilogue

Carrie locked arms with her mom as the two of them started out of the tunnel in Bank of America Stadium. Heads turned immediately.

Wilson and Gary walked on either side of them as they made the turn onto the isle. Her eyes scanned the crowd of friends and family before settling on him.

Harrison stood onstage next to the pastor. He smiled as they made eye contact and even shot her a wink. He looked so damn good up there. His hair was neatly parted to its normal side and he was freshly shaven. He wore a black tux with a Carolina blue tie, matching all the groomsmen, whereas Carrie's bridesmaids wore Carolina blue dresses.

As her mom led her down the isle, she noticed Harrison's gaze hadn't moved from her for a few moments. They got closer and Carrie saw him shed a few tears, just like she already had.

Debbie gave her daughter a quick hug and kiss before leaving her to step up onstage next to her soon to be husband. He held his hand out for her that she happily took.

Carrie picked up the front of her beautiful white wedding dress and made her way up the small steps to stand in front of him. Harrison kissed the back of her hand before letting it go.

"Harrison and Carrie, today you stand here before us to tie the knot and become husband and wife. We will start with the vows." She gestured to Harrison who took a deep breath.

"Carrie," he said with a smile. "My Carrie. I don't even know where to start," he confessed, getting everyone to laugh.

Harrison took another deep breath. Carrie mouthed, 'you can do it,' getting him to smile.

"Carrie, remember when we met?" She nodded. "Cam and I were walking off the field when I saw you. I remember being asked who I wanted to talk to that media day, and I immediately asked for you. Then when I got to meet you, I felt something I never felt before. You stole my heart right there. And every day after that you continued to steal my heart. Even today. And tomorrow. And everyday following."

"This past season I realized there was more to life than being a professional athlete. Before I met you my head was constantly wrapped around football. It was football every day. Until I met you. You showed me there was more to my life than football because you came into it. Now, I can't imagine it any other way. My football career isn't going to last forever. Our love will."

"You've become the love of my life, my best friend, my biggest fan, my partner in crime, and now today, my wife. I can't imagine my life without you in it. The time we've been together has been the best moments of my life and I can't wait to continue that with you. Carrie, I promise to be by your side forever, to be the husband you deserve, and to love you as you deserved to be loved. I promise to protect you and our child, to cherish every moment with you, and to love you for eternity."

Carrie was crying so hard, the tears began to smear her eyeliner. Harrison was prepared though. He pulled a few tissues of his pocket and handed them to her.

"Thanks."

"Anytime."

It took her a minute to gather herself after Harrison's vows. She knew he loved her more than he could ever tell her, but today he explained what she meant to him in front of everyone. His greatest accomplishment wasn't his football career. It was her. And their baby.

"Harrison, I remember first getting the call that I had been transferred here. I did not want to come. But when I met you on media day, you made me rethink that. Not just a little bit, but a lot. I met you and instantly felt a connection. There was something I'd never felt before until I met you. You tore down the walls I had around my heart, and I'm so glad you did. I opened up to you and you washed my past away. I felt so secure, as I still do now. You weren't going to let anything stand in the way of us and that's one of the reasons I love you so much."

"You told me you couldn't live without me. I'm going to say it right back. I can't live without you. You've become the love of my life in a matter of only months. And you've been here for me ever since we met. That's something I can't thank you enough for. It's so wonderful to have someone caring, and so understanding like you to be by my side."

"Harrison, the love of my life, my best friend, my football player, and today, my husband. As we tie the knot today, I think about the future we will share together. It's already filled with excitement. And I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. I promise to be by your side, to continue to support you and be your biggest fan. I promise to cherish every second we have together, and to love you for eternity."

He wiped a few tears away. Carrie teased him and handed the tissues back to him. Luke stepped between them and handed Harrison the rings. He slid the beautiful diamond ring on her finger with a smile. She his ring on his finger and whispered, "you better wear this under your gloves."

Harrison smiled even wider then he already had been. "I will."

"Harrison, do you take Carrie to be your wife, to cherish in friendship, and love today, tomorrow, and for as long as the two of you live? Do you promise to trust and honor her, to love her faithfully through the best and the worst? If you should ever doubt, do you promise to remember your love for each other and the reason you came together with her today?"

"I do."

"Carrie, do you take Harrison to be your husband, to cherish in friendship, and love today, tomorrow, and as long as the two of you live? Do you promise to trust and honor him, to love him faithfully, through the best and the worst? If you should ever doubt, do you promise to remember your love for each other and the reason you came together with him today?"

"I do."

"Today your kiss is a promise to love each other faithfully for as long as you live. I now pronounce you husband and wife." She gestured to Harrison. "You may kiss the bride."

Harrison didn't waste any time. He placed his hands on her belly as he pressed his lips to hers in their first passionate kiss as husband and wife.

He picked her up and spun her around. Carrie couldn't believe he was her husband now. And Harrison couldn't believe she was his wife now. It was the best feeling to both of them to be now tied together by marriage.

Harrison set her down and took her hands in his. "I love you Carrie."

"I love you Harrison."

She leaned up and pressed her lips to his once again...

The end.