18

There weren't many things Harrison was worried about. Meeting Carrie's mom was one of them.

He followed Carrie into another room of her home she and her mom called the, "Cave of Wonders." (S/O to RaideroftheLostVader for telling me about that)

It was absolutely amazing. She had so many antiques and collectibles throughout the house. There was a Christmas tree in her living room that she said was there because everyday should be Christmas. Carrie had her own studio chair from when she worked with her mom on a few movies. There were a few Star Wars collectibles and posters he greatly admired since those were his favorite movies.

Her bedroom was full of bright lights. There was a couch in there, as well as a king bed, a dog bed for Gary, and plenty of lights and posters along the wall. Across the hallway was her office. Gary had another dog bed beside her desk while the window overlooked the small hill that separated her home from her mother's.

They made their way back into her kitchen. He couldn't help but notice what must've been her mom, pulling into their shared driveway as the gate closed behind her.

Then his eyes settled on the car. It was a shiny black Audi A4 with black wheel rims and the really cool LED headlights.

"You're mom has a sweet ride."

She turned to face him. "Actually, that's mine."

His jaw dropped. "Seriously?"

"Yep."

"Why didn't you bring that one to North Carolina?"

Carrie smiled. "Because that one wasn't big enough to haul all my stuff."

Harrison continued to stare at the car until it pulled out of his sight. He loved his cars. "I want to drive it."

"It's a manual."

"So? Bring it on."

"Okay. We can go out for dinner tonight and you can drive."

He smiled like a little boy. "Then I get to drive your car when we get home," she added.

"Deal!"

❺❾

They walked over the small hill that separated Carrie's home from her mother's. "You ready to meet my mom?"

His hand now felt rather clammy in hers. "Yes," he answered quietly.

"She's really going to love you."

"I hope so."

Carrie opened the door to her mom's house, and stepped in before him. Harrison followed her into the kitchen. He saw her mom for the first time. She was just as tall as Carrie, and had short blond hair.

"Mom!"

She let go of his hand and met her mom in the middle of the kitchen for a hug. "Carrie! I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too mom."

Her mom looked over her daughters shoulder and at him. She let Carrie go and crossed the kitchen to meet him. "You must be Harrison?"

"Yes ma'am. I'm so glad to meet you Miss Reynolds." He stuck his hand out to shake.

"You can call me Debbie."

Instead of shaking his hand, Debbie went in for a hug, which he happily accepted. "It's nice to finally meet you Harrison."

Both Harrison and Carrie followed her mom into the living room where they sat on the couch as Debbie brought a few glasses of water. "Great game today Harrison."

"Thank you."

"So how long have you guys been together?"

He looked at Carrie who answered, "just over a month."

Debbie nodded. "I hear so much about you."

Carrie smiled and leaned her head against his shoulder. "I assume Carrie told you about Alex?"

Harrison nodded. "She did."

"So twinkle toes-" he immediately glared at Carrie who started laughing, as did her mom. "What are your intentions with my daughter?"

"As I told you, Carrie told me about Alex. When she told me what happened, my heart shattered. She didn't deserve that. She deserves so much better. I hope I can be the one to give her what she deserves."

Harrison continued. "I'm in love with your daughter. I felt a connection when we met, something that everyday, grows stronger and stronger. You have a reason not to wholeheartedly trust me after what Alex did. I understand and respect that. Though, I want to assure you, I'm not like him. I would never hurt her because she means too much to me. I'm so lucky to have met Carrie."

A smile crossed Debbie's face. "You know you're the first guy Carrie's ever brought home?"

Harrison looked over at Carrie. That meant so much. He was the first man she gave her heart to and brought home to meet her family.

"Well Harrison, you care for my daughter and make her beyond full of happiness. I trust you with her and hope that continues for a long, long time."

"Thank you."

Carrie lightly punched his shoulder as Debbie began to ask him about football.