40

Harrison and Luke studied film for three hours before Luke headed home to hopefully talk to Shannon. That left Carrie to ask Harrison about what Luke had told her.

He leaned back to rest his head in her lap as she played with his hair. Wilson laid on him while Gary took the other couch to himself.

"What was your meeting about?"

Harrison looked up at her. "They offered me a five year contract extension. I'm under contract for 7 more years."

"How much?"

"$235 million with $47 million a year."

Carrie nodded. "So you're not going to hit free agency yet?"

He shook his head. "I don't need to see free agency. I want to play here. And I'm going to play here until they ship me off somewhere else or I retire."

"They wouldn't trade you."

Harrison shrugged. "You never know. Football is a business. And right now, I have a high trade value. So the Panthers could get a lot in return for me."

"They aren't going to trade you. And if for some stupid reason they try, I'm going to barge into Jerry's office and give him my wrath."

His laughter filled up the entire living room. And so did hers. "Wait a minute, don't you have a no trade clause?"

"I do."

"Then what are you worried about?"

"It goes away after my current contract expires."

"They're still not going to trade you."

He rubbed Wilson's head. "So what did you do with Luke?"

"We kicked ass at Madden. And we had an in depth conversation."

"About who?"

"Us and Shannon."

Harrison remembered Luke telling him about Shannon. And how she wasn't handling him being a football player very well.

"What did have to say about us?"

"He asked me if I had any plans about the future. And if we talked about marriage and having kids. He says you talk about us quite often at practice."

His face turned beat red. "I do talk about you quite often at practice. But who wouldn't? I have a lot to brag about."

Carrie leaned over and kissed his forehead. "About us, what do you say about us? Luke says you talk about us getting married and having kids a lot."

"I see spending the rest of my life with you. I want to have kids together. Would you kids?"

She did. Every time Carrie watched him sign autographs and make a fan's day, she always thought about how good he was with kids, and that he'd be such a great father.

"I want to marry you Harrison. And I want us to have a few beautiful children."

Picking up a sleeping Wilson and setting him on the floor gently, he moved to sit beside her. Harrison stretched his legs over hers and leaned in for a kiss.

As their lips touched, he thought about what it would be like to marry her. It would be the best thing that ever happened to him. So would having children. A Super Bowl victory wouldn't even come close to comparison.

She had no idea he already had the ring. He measured her ring finger when she was sleeping. It was well hidden in the glovebox of the Chevelle he was restoring. The question was, how would he ask her, and when should he do it?

On a totally other note, did anyone get those special glasses and see the eclipse? I saw it through a welding mask and it was pretty damn cool. It was when it just started and I could see the moon covering the sun a little bit.