27

"Harrison!"

He laughed and hid behind her Jeep before she could blast him back with the hose. Slowly, he peeked through the window and didn't see her on the other side.

Suddenly, he felt her arm around his waist and almost jumped out of his skin when she pulled back the collar of his Panthers t-shirt, and stuck the nozzle of the hose down his back and sprayed water.

"Carrie! That's cold!"

She continued to spray him. "That's what you get."

He was able to grab her arm and pull the nozzle of the hose out of his shirt. Grabbing the other hose, Harrison turned and sprayed her back.

The two of them sprayed each other until they were more wet than the Jeep itself. "We're really getting this done," Carrie said sarcastically, releasing the handle that stopped the hose from spraying.

Harrison did the same. Then when she wasn't paying attention, he sprayed her once again. "Harrison!"

She charged him and attempted to tackle him. All Carrie succeeded in doing was force him to take a step back. Then she pushed him a little more.

"How do you tackle?"

"Why? You think you're gonna take me down?"

Carrie nodded.

"First you want to tackle someone by the legs. Sometimes you have to grab at their upper body but it's best to tackle their legs. And that's because if you try to go high, they're going to stiff arm you or push you away."

He took a step back. "So if you're coming at me, I'm going to predict which way you're going to juke me out. And when I do figure it out because I always do," he paused and came towards her and lowered his head. "I'm going to hit your waist or legs with my shoulder." He pressed his shoulder against her waist. "And I'm going to wrap both arms around you and take you down."

Then he stood to his full height. "Come at me."

So Carrie did. She did everything he taught her and her momentum was enough to take him down. They landed in the wet grass with a splash. "That was good."

She got up. "And you didn't think I could take you down."

"Not the way you were trying before."

"Now tackle me."

He simply looked at her. "Come on, tackle me."

"No."

Carrie crossed her arms over her chest. "You're not going to tackle me because I'm a girl? Is that right?"

"I don't want to hurt you."

"Come on."

Harrison finally gave in and took a few steps towards her. Just as he lowered his head and went to wrap his arms around her waist, she quickly stepped out of his way and he dove forward onto the wet grass.

She laughed so hard as he stood back up. Even he couldn't help but smile. "Turns out you aren't 100% right about anticipating the juke."

"I wasn't expecting you to do that."

"Got you."

"I still should've had you on the ground because everyone that runs at me isn't trying to get tackled."

"Now tackle me again."

This time Carrie didn't move as he hit her. Instead of taking her down, he picked her up and set her on the hood of her Jeep where he kissed her.

After ending the kiss, she jumped off the hood. "That wasn't tackling me. Come on."

She started to run as he chased her through his front yard. It wasn't long before he caught her from behind. Harrison wrapped his arms around her waist and dove to the side, taking her with him so she would land on him.

"There you go."

Carrie helped him to his feet. "Now let's get my car washed."