63

The Panthers opened up a three game home stand against the Vikings this Sunday afternoon. These last four games of the season would be well talked about. Because the Panthers were only 4 games away from going undefeated. They were 12-0 this season.

Harrison headed out with the rest of the captains for the coin toss. Today, he would be mic'd again. And today the Panthers were partnering with Play 60, a program run by all 32 NFL teams. It's goal was to get kids out and playing football. All the starters had a young kid run out with them. And the six Panthers captains took their buddies out for the coin toss.

He met his Panther Pal on the sidelines. "What's your name?" He asked as he knelt down in front of her.

"Ryleigh."

"Ryleigh, it's nice to meet you."

She smiled as he held his fist out to give her a fist bump. "Gimme some."

Ryleigh pounded his fist and Harrison shook it out. She had dark brown hair and brown eyes, just like Carrie. And honestly she looked like she could be his and Carrie's daughter. She was a mini version of Carrie.

"Can we get a picture please?"

"Sure."

Harrison knelt next to her as her mom took a few pictures. "Thank you."

"No problem."

"And I have this for you." She handed him a piece of paper.

He opened the piece of paper. It was a beautiful drawn picture of him after he sacked Carson Wentz earlier in the season during the Thursday night game. It was drawn based off a picture Carrie took of him flexing his muscles after the sack.

"This is amazing!"

"You really think so?"

Harrison nodded. "I'm going to put this in my locker."

Little Ryleigh smiled. "You wanna come out with me for the coin toss?"

"Yes!"

"Let's go."

He tucked the drawing between his shirt and pants and jogged out to the coin toss with Ryleigh at his side. She was still holding the football that he would sign for her after the coin toss. The rest of the captains followed, bringing their Panther Pal as well.

Harrison shook hands with the head referee. "How are you doing?"

"Good. You?"

"Really good."

They waited for the Vikings to come over. "Minnesota calls."

One of the Vikings players called tails. "Minnesota tails. Carolina heads."

The referee flipped the coin. Everyone looked down to see it on the grass with heads facing up. "Do you elect to kick or receive?" The referee asked Harrison.

"Ryleigh, what do you think?"

"Kick."

He looked up at the referee. "You heard her."

He nodded and made the announcement that the Panthers would be kicking off to open the game. "You know, I always like to kick first," Harrison told her on the way back over to the sidelines.

They reached the sidelines. "I gotta go. Let me sign that for you."

She handed him the ball and sharpie for him to sign it. Harrison quickly signed his autograph and wrote a quick message for her. He then gave her another fist bump.

"Thanks for coming."

❺❾

Harrison jogged onto the field after the kickoff. Meeting Ryleigh, and seeing her being interviewed by Carrie, he knew he wanted kids with Carrie. And very soon.

The defense was waiting for him. "Alright, we know they're a running team. So we're going to defend against the run with Mike and Curt covering the deep pass. We're going with that until I see something change."

Everyone nodded. "LET'S GO!"

They set up and waited for Harrison to shift them out of the current play once he saw something. And he did. "Roll it! Run outside!"

The ball was snapped. Harrison had Shaq and Thomas lined up on the outside, exactly where the run was going. They plowed him a hole. Now Vikings quarterback, Teddy Bridgewater, saw that his running back was going to get plowed if he ran to the outside.

Going back for the handoff, Bridgewater kept the ball, forcing the running back to block Harrison as he tried to target the lone receiver that was being double covered.

Harrison easily spun around the running back and came at Bridgewater. He tackled him for his 11th sack of the season. After rolling off him, Harrison helped him to his feet.

"Jersey swap after the game?"

"Sure man," Harrison answered.

❺❾

After the Panthers crushed the Vikings, Harrison met Teddy Bridgewater at midfield for their jersey swap.

He pulled his black jersey over his head and quickly signed it before handing it over to Teddy. They quickly took a picture and shook hands.

"You're a legend," he told Harrison as they shook hands. "It's such an honor to play against you. Although, I'd prefer to have you on my team."

Harrison patted his shoulder. "So I'm not in your face every play?"

"Exactly."

He was now up to 13 sacks on the season. Harrison gave Teddy one last pat on the shoulder and jogged into the locker room.