43

Tomorrow was game day against the Eagles, meaning Harrison would sleep in this morning. The Panthers always had a rather laid back, no padded practice the day before a game. Tomorrow's game fell in the middle of the week, on Thursday night.

He slept in even later this morning. Carrie lay awake in his arms for a half hour now, rubbing her thumb on the back of his hand. Harrison laid behind her and had one arm around her. Her arm rested on his and her fingers laced with his from behind. Under their shared pillow was the same thing. His arm rested under hers and his fingers laced with hers.

After a half hour, she felt him wake up. He rolled onto his back and stretched out with a yawn. "Tired?"

Harrison nodded before yawning again. Yesterday the Panthers had a long practice. After practice he went to finish up his photoshoot promo with Nike wearing the Panthers blue Color Rush uniform they would wear Thursday night. He didn't get home until 11:30 last night.

He rolled onto his stomach, laid his head on the pillow and closed his eyes. "I am so tired."

Carrie just smiled. "Get up. We need to go shopping before you have practice."

"We? What about you?"

"Get your butt out of bed."

"I'm tired," he complained. "And it's raining. Let's just go early tomorrow."

"We're going now."

"Nooo."

"What happened to the guy that gets up at 6am everyday for workouts?"

"He's not here today."

Carrie pulled at his arm. "Come on."

"Tomorrow. And it's raining."

"Are you going to melt in the rain?"

There was a muffled, "yeah."

She got up and changed before heading into the bathroom to braid her hair. A few minutes later, Carrie walked out of the bathroom wearing a grey Panthers long sleeve shirt with his name and number on the back, and jeans.

"You're really not coming?"

"I'll come with you if we go tomorrow."

Carrie unplugged her phone and stuck it in her back pocket. She stood in front of him. "I guess I'll just find another gentleman to help me with groceries."

Harrison caught her arm before she could head downstairs. "You're really going to do that?"

"Only if you don't come with me."

"You wouldn't."

"Try me."

As she tried to pull away from him, he pulled her towards himself, hard enough that she tipped on top of him. He rolled to the side, taking her with him.

"We're going tomorrow."

"Fine."

❺❾

During the middle of practice, it started pouring. The already muddy practice field turned into a swamp. They kept practicing through it since there was a forecast of very heavy rain when they went to Chicago. They were going to have to play in it sometime.

Carrie and a few other media personnel stuck it out with them. She stood on the sidelines with the black Panthers raincoat he got her, and Panthers rain pants.

The rain let up at the end of practice but by then it was too late. He already dirtied a pair of cleats, sweatpants, and his white practice jersey.

Since the rain let up, he and a few other players stopped to sign a few autographs. Harrison was very surprised at how many fans stayed for the entire practice. There weren't nearly as many that normally attended, but enough to keep some of the players out to sign autographs.

He worked his way towards the locker room, signing everything he was asked to, and taking a few pictures. After the first picture, he found Carrie and stole his hat that she had been wearing.

"Harrison! Can we get a picture?"

"Sure."

He smiled with the fan before taking another football to sign. Then someone asked him to sign the back of his jersey they were wearing. He did while trying his best to keep his muddy hands off the back of their nice blue jersey.

"Thank you."

"No problem. That's a nice jersey."