28

Carrie woke to his strong arms wrapped around her. She rolled over and checked the time. It was 9:30. It was odd he was still in bed this late in the morning. He usually finished an entire workout before she woke up.

She rolled over and snuggled into his chest to enjoy the probable precious minutes she had left with him here before he realized he slept in late. Her head rested against his chest, close enough to hear his heartbeat. It was so soothing.

Just as she wrapped an arm around him, he opened his eyes and shot her a little smile. "Morning Carrie."

"You missed your workout."

He kissed her neck gently. "I'm not doing one this morning. Tomorrow's game day and I wanted to spend the morning with you."

The kiss trailed all the way up to her lips. "And besides, today's our two months."

Carrie couldn't believe they'd been together for only two months. It felt so much longer than that, like years. And she told him that.

"It feels like it's been years, not two months."

"That's because everyday, I fall more and more in love with you. I love you more than I ever thought I could love someone."

"And to think I wasn't going to let you love me at first."

Harrison now had his hand on her cheek. "You had a reason not to. Now that reason has been taken care of."

"Hopefully."

He pulled her into a protective embrace. "If he touches you ever again, I won't hesitate to put him in the hospital."

"I thought you already did," she said teasingly.

"I was close. Knocking someone clean out and breaking their nose in multiple spots is close."

"You did that much?"

"Yep."

"Wow."

Harrison slowly tipped her onto her back and hovered above her for a few seconds before she pulled his face down for a kiss. "I want to wake up like this every morning," she admitted.

"Then move in with me."

"Are you serious?"

He nodded. "I want you to live with me. I was going to ask you earlier, but I didn't want to push it. In case you weren't ready."

"I'm ready," she answered. "Or else this," Carrie continued, holding up the sheets, "wouldn't of happened already."

Harrison had to kiss her again. "Let's do it. The dogs get along, it's not going to interrupt our work schedules."

"We've only been together for two months. What are people going to think?"

"Two months doesn't matter here. What matters is that we love each other as much as we do, and have the commitment to each other to make this happen. I don't care what people think. The only ones who should care are us."

He was so right. "Next week then. I'll make my last rental payment and then you can get these muscles in action and help me move everything," she whispered, running her hands down his very muscular chest.

"Deal. And you like this?" He wondered.

Instead of answering, Carrie just smiled. "Keep up the working out."