20

Carrie sat in the booth with a few friends as the Panthers faced off against the Bills. She was nervous. Nervous about the revenge he had planned.

Harrison wouldn't tell her what he was planning. It only infuriated her and made her even more nervous.

Ever since the media found out about her and Harrison, there had been dozens of articles published about her. And to publish those articles, those writers dug into her past. The past that included Alex.

Now everyone knew what he did to her. Which she guessed with whatever revenge that was being plotted against Alex today, the Panthers fans and players would be on their side. It had become national news. Now big sports media writers, including herself, shamed on Alex and the Bills organization.

Harrison had become oddly quiet as the big game neared. She hadn't talked to him much in the last day. That was because he wouldn't tell her anything and she didn't like it.

The game started and Carrie found herself even more nervous. She attempted to write game notes for her post game article but something told her she wasn't going to be working on a post game article for this game.

The Bills offense took the field as Harrison and the Panthers defense jogged out. Nothing happened right away between Harrison and Alex.

Carrie took a deep breath and continued to watch the game.

❺❾

It was the middle of the third quarter. Harrison didn't get his opportunity yet. He backed up from the line of scrimmage to be in position for the Panthers next play in zone coverage.

"I hear you're Carrie's new lover. It's a shame she fell into your hands."

He got chills down his spine. It was the first time he or Alex had spoken to each other. "F**k you," he snarled, seeing Alex lined up as a receiver.

The ball was snapped, halting their conversation. Harrison moved to the opposite side of the field to cover his zone as Alex ran a slant route.

Harrison quickly realized he had his chance. The slant route was taking Alex into his coverage as the ball was being thrown. He sprinted towards him.

Alex jumped and caught the ball. Both of his feet hit the ground and he was met by Harrison. He led with his shoulder and hit Alex in his left shoulder, knocking both of them to the ground as their helmets clanked against each other. The ball fell to the turf.

The crowd cheered at the big hit. Harrison had totally laid him out. As he moved to get up, Alex kicked the side of his leg. "What the f**k man?"

"You got what you deserve."

Alex worked his way to his feet. "What did I actually deserve?"

"To get the shit kicked out of you."

He smiled. "Look man, Carrie doesn't deserve you. Believe me on that."

"You mean that I didn't f**k her at the first opportunity like you did?"

Now Alex pushed him and Harrison was quite glad. Now he could fight back.

Alex wasn't expecting the body slam to the turf or his helmet being yanked off and Harrison's fist connecting strongly with his jaw. The first punch drew blood.

Harrison punched him again as Alex yanked his helmet off. By then, he'd delivered a few more lethal punches.

He shoved Harrison away as the refs came running. Both men rose to their feet and continued to go at it. Alex landed a hard punch against his right eyebrow.

Another punch was thrown by Harrison, giving Alex a bloody nose and adding to the list of places where he was already bleeding.

The refs pulled both of them away from each other, but not before Harrison landed a swift uppercut to knock Alex totally out. He fell to the ground in a heap.

Harrison complied with the refs as they pushed him over to the Panthers sidelines. He didn't even stop, but kept walking into the locker room since there was no doubt he and Alex would be ejected for fighting.

It was all worth it. The trash talk, the fight, the black eye he was probably going to get was worth it. Because Alex was put in his place.