110

The wedding was in three days. Harrison and Carrie had everything ordered, everything was ready, and they had all the decorations at the house and at the stadium. All they had to do was set up and would do that tomorrow.

The last day before wedding preparations begun and the wedding itself, Harrison and Carrie spend in the backyard with the dogs.

A fully padded Harrison jogged back across the yard to her. He was wearing his blue practice jersey, white pants, and helmet. "Nice run."

"Thanks." He stood next to her with both hands on his knees and he was breathing hard.

"Tired?"

"Hang on."

Carrie made a show of it by placing her hands on her hips and tapping her foot. "I'm out of shape okay?"

"It's been 3 weeks."

"I'm still out of shape."

She rolled her eyes and waited for him to catch his breath. "I hope this baby doesn't come before you're ready," Carrie teased.

He stood up and took a few steps towards her as she began to back up. "You sure you wanna mess with me?" He asked with a smile. "I can take you down right now. I'm in all pads so it won't hurt me."

Carrie playfully pushed him. "Let's see it."

Harrison charged her and she sprinted away from him towards their makeshift end zone. "The thirty!" She looked over her shoulder to see him right behind her. Carrie ran faster. "The twenty! The ten!"

She crossed the cones and into their makeshift end zone where she spiked the ball. "TOUCHDOWN!"

Carrie did her own little touchdown celebration where she strolled right back over to him, poked a finger in his chest and backed him up a few feet. Then she brushed off her sweatshirt and jogged off.

Harrison grabbed the ball and followed her. "I'll give you that one. That was funny."

She gave him a fist bump back. "Maybe that should be your new one."

"Maybe."

❺❾

Harrison had Carrie run a few linebacker drills with him after he did the 40-yard dash. "Hit me on the way in."

He backpedaled through the yard, switching to his right and left every time she pointed the ball in that direction. Then she slapped the ball with her left hand, signaling him to start running towards her.

Harrison broke into a full sprint as she threw him a pass. Instead of being a tight spiral like she normally threw, the ball wobbled in mid air, forcing Harrison to catch it against his body instead of his hands.

He started making duck noises. "That was a duck."

"It slipped."

Carrie caught the ball back from him as he decided to tease her. "Alright, 'it slipped.'"

"Stop it."

Harrison laughed. "I'm going to do a curl route now."

He jogged about 10 yards before spinning around to catch the pass. The ball came at him like a bullet. It came out of Carrie's hand perfectly in a tight spiral.

Harrison wasn't expecting it to come at him that hard. He didn't have enough time to get his hands up as it bounced off his face mask.

Carrie fell back on the grass and laughed. He picked up the ball stood over her. "You're supposed to use your hands."

I can't believe the next part of this book is going to be the epilogue😭 I'm not sure I'm going to post it tonight because I might update my Han and Leia book for the first time since July😬