3

Harrison ran into the locker room real quick before his meeting with Carrie to make himself look somewhat presentable for her. He changed from his sweaty white practice jersey to a white Carolina Panthers tank top while leaving his shorts with his number 59 and leggings on. And he wore a black and carolina blue Panthers hat to hide his messy hair. Gathering himself, he ran out to meet Carrie.

It didn't take him long to find her. He remembered where she was when he ran into the locker room. As he slowed down from a jog to a walk right in front of her, she looked up.

"Hi there."

"Hello," she said with a smile.

He held a hand out for her to shake. "I'm Harrison."

"I know." She knew?

"I'm Carrie."

A smile crossed his face as he looked into those beautiful brown eyes of hers. "It's nice to meet you."

"Are you new here? I haven't seen you around before," he asked.

She really had to crane her neck look up at him when he stepped out of the way of more players coming out to meet the media. He was at least a foot taller than her.

Carrie opened her mouth to say something, but couldn't. His hazel eyes stared right into hers. She took a moment to study his facial features. He had a light brown beard, and an amazing smile. It stretched further across his face when he noticed she was staring.

She blushed and averted her gaze from his to gather herself. Taking a deep breath, she attempted to answer the question he'd asked what felt like minutes ago. "Yeah, I'm-"

Carrie was interrupted by a swarm of reporters surrounding her and calling his name. "Harrison! What do you think about the upcoming season?"

Harrison didn't answer any of them. Instead he asked her, "want to go somewhere quiet?"

She didn't know what to say. None of the players she ever interviewed gave her that sort of proposition. But it occurred to her that he'd become rather annoyed with the constant swarm of reporters invading his personal space as well as hers.

So she answered with, "yes please."

He stretched the small mesh fence down that separated the media from the players to allow her to step over it. "Thank you." Just as she stepped over the fence, he let it snap back up, blocking anyone else from trying to cross over.

"They're like a swarm of bugs. You can't get away from them."

Carrie laughed, getting a smile to cross his face. "It's like a never ending swarm. Once a few get what they want, others fill in."

This time he laughed as he lead her towards the training facility where they'd have some quiet time to conduct an interview. "So, are you new here?"

"Yeah, ESPN transferred me from Los Angeles to here. Before I moved I used to cover the Rams and Chargers."

"Why did they send you here? Not that I'm wishing they didn't," he said with a lopsided grin.

"Apparently there isn't as much news around there anymore. I'd be more beneficial around here," she said, quoting the last part with her fingers.

"There's not as much news out there anymore?" He asked in disbelief. "They didn't notice that the Rams hired the youngest coach in NFL history, or they don't care the Chargers moved to LA for no apparent reason and that everybody hates their new logo because it apparently looks stupid. Or that they have to play a few seasons in a tiny soccer stadium while their new stadium is built. They could've had you interview the players about that. I guarantee you that more than half of them aren't too pleased with that situation. We players love playing in front of big crowds and when you reduce that..."

She started to laugh at all his rambling. "Maybe you should be an ESPN analyst."

"Maybe I should," he said with a smile. "But no news out there anymore? That's the most bullshit I've heard in a while."

Carrie laughed even harder as they took a turn around all the media personnel towards the training facility. As they closed in on the locker room, plenty of fans were standing against the fence holding Panthers signs, t-shirts, and shouting his name for autographs.

Harrison ignored them as best he could until they reached the entrance to the locker room where he spotted a little girl calling his name. He excused himself and crossed over to her. "Can I have your autograph please?"

She was wearing his jersey. "Sure, where would you like it?"

The girl handed him a sharpie. "Can you sign on your number please?"

"Of course."

Carrie didn't mind that he excused himself to sign a few autographs. In fact, she admired it. He took the time to meet some of his fans. She met other players that blew off fans asking for autographs. Sometimes it could get very annoying, but Harrison was so admirable with his fans. She watched as he posed for a picture with the girl and a few of her friends.

"Oh my gosh, it's Carrie Fisher!" She heard from behind her.

Carrie turned around to see a few teenagers waving at her. They all had on Panthers gear. "She's the writer I saw on tv."

That was true. Her job consisted of more than just writing. She sometimes did interviews on ESPN radio or tv with players. And every once in a while she'd make an appearance on SportsCenter or NFL Live to report on a story or player.

She waved to them as Harrison rejoined her. "Sorry, I-"

Carrie stopped him right there. "It's okay. I think it's pretty cool that you take the time to do that."

"Really?"

They made it inside. "Yeah. Now let's do this interview."